SHARP’s Fall Season will include the world premiere of “669” a story of an amazing man Sir Nicholas Winton who saved 669 children from the Holocaust. The piece was created with amazing original music by Liliya Danieva from Moscow, Russia.
SHARP will also be performing “Madness”. Originally premiered in 2011, this piece explores the epidemic of mental illnesses found in our society. Through the use of projection by Lauren Mandilian Huot, original music by J and choreography by Diane Sharp-Nachsin, SHARP will portray the plight of mental illness using raw, emotional movement. The subconscious thought will be digitally projected through the use of video and movement.
SHARP strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
SHARP Dance Company is a nine-member modern dance company based out of Philadelphia, PA. SHARP performs nationally and internationally and has been seen in such festivals as the: Bedfringe (UK), Chicago Fringe, Phoenix Fringe, Seacoast Fringe, Cool NY, STEPS Performance Lab (NY), Fringe Wilmington and the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA). Artistic Director Diane Sharp-Nachsin was also named a BAU Fellow in Italy & granted a residency at The Living Garden in Paros, Greece.
Dancers: Caroline Butcher, Linnea Calzada-Charma, Sandra Davis, Kate Lombardi, Sophie Malin, Kyan Nazami, Leslie Ann Pike, Miguel Quiñones & Angeli Romano
For more information on SHARP Dance Company and to purchase tickets please visit http://www.sharpdance.org. Four performances of HUMANITY will take place November 17th (8pm), November 18th (5pm and 8pm) and November 19th (3pm) at The Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia.
SHARP Dance Company
November 17 at 8 PM
November 18 at 5PM (Q & A Following performance)
November 18 at 8PM
November 19 at 3PM
The Performance Garage 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia PA 19130
$25 Adult, $20 Senior/Student with ID/PhiladelphiaDance Card Members*
*Save 5.00 per ticket if you purchase tickets before November 8th
- REALMS: A Soul Opera at Philadelphia Museum of Art - July 22, 2019
- Yvonne Rainer’s Lives of Performers + Trio A with Introduction by Philadelphia Dance Projects’ Terry Fox - July 14, 2019
- Big Teeth Performance Collective’s Ordinary Creatures, July 19 - June 30, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019