SHARP’s Fall Season will include the world premiere of “669” a story of an amazing man Sir Nicholas Winton who saved 669 children from the Holocaust. The piece was created with amazing original music by Liliya Danieva from Moscow, Russia.
SHARP will also be performing “Madness”. Originally premiered in 2011, this piece explores the epidemic of mental illnesses found in our society. Through the use of projection by Lauren Mandilian Huot, original music by J and choreography by Diane Sharp-Nachsin, SHARP will portray the plight of mental illness using raw, emotional movement. The subconscious thought will be digitally projected through the use of video and movement.
SHARP strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
SHARP Dance Company is a nine-member modern dance company based out of Philadelphia, PA. SHARP performs nationally and internationally and has been seen in such festivals as the: Bedfringe (UK), Chicago Fringe, Phoenix Fringe, Seacoast Fringe, Cool NY, STEPS Performance Lab (NY), Fringe Wilmington and the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA). Artistic Director Diane Sharp-Nachsin was also named a BAU Fellow in Italy & granted a residency at The Living Garden in Paros, Greece.
Dancers: Caroline Butcher, Linnea Calzada-Charma, Sandra Davis, Kate Lombardi, Sophie Malin, Kyan Nazami, Leslie Ann Pike, Miguel Quiñones & Angeli Romano
For more information on SHARP Dance Company and to purchase tickets please visit http://www.sharpdance.org. Four performances of HUMANITY will take place November 17th (8pm), November 18th (5pm and 8pm) and November 19th (3pm) at The Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia.
SHARP Dance Company
November 17 at 8 PM
November 18 at 5PM (Q & A Following performance)
November 18 at 8PM
November 19 at 3PM
The Performance Garage 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia PA 19130
$25 Adult, $20 Senior/Student with ID/PhiladelphiaDance Card Members*
*Save 5.00 per ticket if you purchase tickets before November 8th
- FringeArts announces open call to participate in large-scale public dance processional, Úumbal: Nomadic Choreography for Inhabitants - March 5, 2019
- Stone Depot presents Twos & Threes, March 29th - March 5, 2019
- PyA presents Marcando el Terreno – Flamenco and Feminism, April 6-7 - March 3, 2019
- SHARP Dance Company to perform 669, April 13 - March 2, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Live Announces 2019-20 Dance Season - March 1, 2019
- PHILADANCO, returns to the Kimmel Center with Dance Philly Style, a celebration of Philadelphia’s contribution to the dance world, April 12-14 - February 28, 2019
- Italy’s awe-inspiring NoGravity Dance Company to perform From Hell to Paradise at the Kimmel Center, April 20th - February 28, 2019
- Koresh Dance Company to premiere La Danse, inspired by Matisse’s famous painting, April 25-28 - February 16, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers at Annenberg Center Live, April 12-13 - February 14, 2019
- Annenberg Center Live Presents Dance Theatre of Harlem, the 2018-19 Artist-in-Residence, March 1-2 - February 13, 2019