SHARP’s Fall Season will include the world premiere of “669” a story of an amazing man Sir Nicholas Winton who saved 669 children from the Holocaust. The piece was created with amazing original music by Liliya Danieva from Moscow, Russia.
SHARP will also be performing “Madness”. Originally premiered in 2011, this piece explores the epidemic of mental illnesses found in our society. Through the use of projection by Lauren Mandilian Huot, original music by J and choreography by Diane Sharp-Nachsin, SHARP will portray the plight of mental illness using raw, emotional movement. The subconscious thought will be digitally projected through the use of video and movement.
SHARP strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
SHARP Dance Company is a nine-member modern dance company based out of Philadelphia, PA. SHARP performs nationally and internationally and has been seen in such festivals as the: Bedfringe (UK), Chicago Fringe, Phoenix Fringe, Seacoast Fringe, Cool NY, STEPS Performance Lab (NY), Fringe Wilmington and the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA). Artistic Director Diane Sharp-Nachsin was also named a BAU Fellow in Italy & granted a residency at The Living Garden in Paros, Greece.
Dancers: Caroline Butcher, Linnea Calzada-Charma, Sandra Davis, Kate Lombardi, Sophie Malin, Kyan Nazami, Leslie Ann Pike, Miguel Quiñones & Angeli Romano
For more information on SHARP Dance Company and to purchase tickets please visit http://www.sharpdance.org. Four performances of HUMANITY will take place November 17th (8pm), November 18th (5pm and 8pm) and November 19th (3pm) at The Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia.
SHARP Dance Company
November 17 at 8 PM
November 18 at 5PM (Q & A Following performance)
November 18 at 8PM
November 19 at 3PM
The Performance Garage 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia PA 19130
$25 Adult, $20 Senior/Student with ID/PhiladelphiaDance Card Members*
*Save 5.00 per ticket if you purchase tickets before November 8th
- Boyer College of Music and Dance presents: Altered Tastes An MFA Thesis Concert by Megan Bridge & Rachel DeForrest Repinz, Nov 6 - October 22, 2020
- BalletX World Premiere Event Will Feature Three Short Films by Robbie Fairchild, Amy Hall Garner, Mariana Oliveira, Nov 18 - October 22, 2020
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program presents The Porch: A Studio Dialogue with Nia Love and Fred Moten, Nov 12 - October 21, 2020
- Artist Chats with Roni Koresh: Creativity in Times of COVID - October 19, 2020
- PDP’s online Informances continue with Dr. Lynn Matluck Brooks, Oct 28 - October 14, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Pam Tanowitz Dance, Livestreamed Thursday, October 15 - October 8, 2020
- KYL/D’s Inhale Performance Series Takes On A New Format, Oct 24 - October 1, 2020
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020