SHARP’s Fall Season will include the world premiere of “669” a story of an amazing man Sir Nicholas Winton who saved 669 children from the Holocaust. The piece was created with amazing original music by Liliya Danieva from Moscow, Russia.
SHARP will also be performing “Madness”. Originally premiered in 2011, this piece explores the epidemic of mental illnesses found in our society. Through the use of projection by Lauren Mandilian Huot, original music by J and choreography by Diane Sharp-Nachsin, SHARP will portray the plight of mental illness using raw, emotional movement. The subconscious thought will be digitally projected through the use of video and movement.
SHARP strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
SHARP Dance Company is a nine-member modern dance company based out of Philadelphia, PA. SHARP performs nationally and internationally and has been seen in such festivals as the: Bedfringe (UK), Chicago Fringe, Phoenix Fringe, Seacoast Fringe, Cool NY, STEPS Performance Lab (NY), Fringe Wilmington and the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA). Artistic Director Diane Sharp-Nachsin was also named a BAU Fellow in Italy & granted a residency at The Living Garden in Paros, Greece.
Dancers: Caroline Butcher, Linnea Calzada-Charma, Sandra Davis, Kate Lombardi, Sophie Malin, Kyan Nazami, Leslie Ann Pike, Miguel Quiñones & Angeli Romano
For more information on SHARP Dance Company and to purchase tickets please visit http://www.sharpdance.org. Four performances of HUMANITY will take place November 17th (8pm), November 18th (5pm and 8pm) and November 19th (3pm) at The Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia.
SHARP Dance Company
November 17 at 8 PM
November 18 at 5PM (Q & A Following performance)
November 18 at 8PM
November 19 at 3PM
The Performance Garage 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia PA 19130
$25 Adult, $20 Senior/Student with ID/PhiladelphiaDance Card Members*
*Save 5.00 per ticket if you purchase tickets before November 8th
- Leah Stein Dance Company Spring 2019 Season of Studio Works - January 18, 2019
- SEX TAPE: new work by Gabrielle Revlock, Feb 16th - January 12, 2019
- Annenberg Center Live presents Martha Graham Dance Company in the EVE Project, Jan 25-26 - January 9, 2019
- BalletX Presents Spring Series 2019 with Premieres by Lil Buck and Nicolo Fonte and 2019 Choreographic Fellow Katarzyna Skarpetowska - January 8, 2019
- Former Philadanco Dancer, Dawn Marie Bazemore, named Performance Garage DanceVisions 2019 Resident Artist - January 8, 2019
- Bryn Mawr College Performing Arts Series presents Wintry Mix | Performance Festival, Jan 25-26 - December 19, 2018
- Polish Dance Artists Residency at Mascher Dance - November 29, 2018
- Annenberg Center Live Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Caleb Teicher & Company, Dec 14-15 - November 27, 2018
- Bryn Mawr College Performing Arts Series Presents Abby Z and the New Utility, Dec 7-8 - November 25, 2018
- Final Bow for Jessica Lang Dance at Annenberg Center Live, Nov 30-Dec 1 - November 19, 2018