“How can there be light that throws no shadows? There is no good that is not opposed by evil” – C.G. Jung
femme. collective will be presenting In The Shadows, a dance performance, October 14 at The Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia at 2:00 pm & 8:00 pm.
Inspired by the work of psychologist and psychoanalyst, C.G. Jung, In The Shadows explores the Shadow archetype through physical movement. Jung describes the “Shadow self” as something that consists of the negative expressions we avoid revealing others, and at times, ourselves. What we show the world, our Ego, is afraid of the capabilities of our Shadow and therefore suppresses it, ignoring that it is essential to who we are. Using dance as our medium, we invite what is buried to surface and compliment our light.
femme. collective is a group of feminist-minded artists based in Philadelphia, PA. Formed in the summer of 2015, their aim is to bring more art and artist collaborations to the city through networking and showcase opportunities. The people of femme. collective continue to empower each other, support the artistic endeavors of their peers, and provide a platform for feminist-driven artists to collaborate in sharing their passions.
Choreographers: Alex Roberts, Alicia Tom, Caitlin Green, Candace Eaton, Celine McBride, Christine Mantey, Dawn Franks, Jackie Fetzer, Julia Davis, Julie Marinucci, Keila Cordova, Loren McFalls, Margot Steinberg
Dancers: Abi Nolin, Alex Roberts, Alicia Tom, Alissa Zrein, Alyssia Whalen, Ashlyn Gray, Avery Sohn, Caitlin Green, Caitlin Peck, Candace Eaton, Celine McBride, Christine Mantey, Dawn Franks, Jackie Fetzer, Jess McDermott, Jilly Appleheimer, Julia Davis, Julie Marinucci, Keila Cordova, Loren McFalls, Lydia Di Iorio, Margot Steinberg, Mary Szczygielski, Meli’sa Grier, Mynesha Whyte, Nicole Kaufman, Olivia Wood, Sevon Wright, Tori Sexsmith
in the shadows
October 14 at 2:00 and 8:00pm
The Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia
Tickets: $18 General Admission, $12 Students, Seniors & PhiladelphiaDANCE Card Members
Available online on Dance Box Office
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020
- The Way Out: pandemic-proof live Fringe show in a graveyard, Oct.1-3 - September 9, 2020
- Connecting the Distance takes you on a dance video interactive walking tour, Sept 10 – Oct 4 - September 4, 2020
- Britt Whitmoyer Fishel brings allowed|aloud to FringeArts, Oct 2-4 - September 1, 2020
- Evalina “Wally” Carbonell and Weiwei Ma present BLOOD, Sept 24-27 - August 30, 2020
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - August 11, 2020
- Choreographer Megan Mazarick launches PDP’S online Informance series, Sept 9th - August 10, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020