“How can there be light that throws no shadows? There is no good that is not opposed by evil” – C.G. Jung
femme. collective will be presenting In The Shadows, a dance performance, October 14 at The Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia at 2:00 pm & 8:00 pm.
Inspired by the work of psychologist and psychoanalyst, C.G. Jung, In The Shadows explores the Shadow archetype through physical movement. Jung describes the “Shadow self” as something that consists of the negative expressions we avoid revealing others, and at times, ourselves. What we show the world, our Ego, is afraid of the capabilities of our Shadow and therefore suppresses it, ignoring that it is essential to who we are. Using dance as our medium, we invite what is buried to surface and compliment our light.
femme. collective is a group of feminist-minded artists based in Philadelphia, PA. Formed in the summer of 2015, their aim is to bring more art and artist collaborations to the city through networking and showcase opportunities. The people of femme. collective continue to empower each other, support the artistic endeavors of their peers, and provide a platform for feminist-driven artists to collaborate in sharing their passions.
Choreographers: Alex Roberts, Alicia Tom, Caitlin Green, Candace Eaton, Celine McBride, Christine Mantey, Dawn Franks, Jackie Fetzer, Julia Davis, Julie Marinucci, Keila Cordova, Loren McFalls, Margot Steinberg
Dancers: Abi Nolin, Alex Roberts, Alicia Tom, Alissa Zrein, Alyssia Whalen, Ashlyn Gray, Avery Sohn, Caitlin Green, Caitlin Peck, Candace Eaton, Celine McBride, Christine Mantey, Dawn Franks, Jackie Fetzer, Jess McDermott, Jilly Appleheimer, Julia Davis, Julie Marinucci, Keila Cordova, Loren McFalls, Lydia Di Iorio, Margot Steinberg, Mary Szczygielski, Meli’sa Grier, Mynesha Whyte, Nicole Kaufman, Olivia Wood, Sevon Wright, Tori Sexsmith
in the shadows
October 14 at 2:00 and 8:00pm
The Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia
Tickets: $18 General Admission, $12 Students, Seniors & PhiladelphiaDANCE Card Members
Available online on Dance Box Office
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 26, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020
- jumatatu m. poe receives 2020 Creative Capital Award - February 18, 2020
- Roger Lee Dance Company’s Spring Concert Series – Music – POSTPONED - February 17, 2020
- Foreign Tongues by Liquid Loft, March 11-12 - February 12, 2020
- Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO, March 12 - February 12, 2020
- BalletX Presents Spring Series 2020, March 18 – 29 – POSTPONED - February 11, 2020