As part of the Philadelphia Fringe Arts Festival, Philadelphia-based dance company allendance premieres its evening length work, Then The Tail, in Kensington’s community and performance space, The Iron Factory.
This site-specific work challenges how we hear and listen to our natural language. Then The Tail is created by artistic director Lora Allen and sound designer, Adam Vidiksis. The two create space to change the audience’s focus from meaning to sound. “I focus on…creating musical gestures—often emphasized by loops of the text—that alter, reverse, and stagger their typical temporal relationship in musical structure. Snippets of music collide, form, and spin out from each other, but frequently the result of the interaction precedes or joins the causal event”. Then The Tail is performed by company dancers – Elizabeth Weinstein, Ashley Lippolis, Crystal Nicole, and Andrea Lanzetti.
allendance is based in Philadelphia, PA and creates work out of their home space, The Iron Factory. Artistic director Lora Allen has presented work, and been in residence throughout the US and abroad including; Center for Performance Research (NYC), Christ Church Neighborhood House (PHL), Community Education Center (PHL), thefidget space (PHL), CHI Movement Center (PHL), The Iron Factory (PHL), TouchstoneTheater (PA), DeSales University (PA), Northwestern State University (LA), The Performance Garage (PHL), The Grande Theater (NJ), The Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Coventry University (UK), Wilson College (PA), Triskelion Arts Center (NYC), Movement Research (NYC), The Performance Garage (PHL),The University of Kansas (KS), and Dixon Place (NYC) allendance has previously collaborated with film-maker Adam Peditto, three-time Grammy Award winner Bob Lanzetti and musicians Ross Pederson, Peter Adams, and currently Adam Vidiksis.
Then The Tail
Friday September 8th- 8:00pm
Saturday September 9th- 3:00pm & 8:00pm
Sunday September 10th- 3:00pm
Tickets: $20 General Admission; $15 Student and Artist Discount
- University of the Arts School of Dance presents School for Temporary Liveness from Sept 25 – Oct 2 - September 18, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal in Dance Me featuring the Music of Leonard Cohen, Sept 26-28 - September 18, 2019
- Reflection:Response Choreographic Commission 2019 features kNots and Nests by Marion Ramírez - August 25, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - August 23, 2019
- Agama Indian Classical Arts Festival comes to Philadelphia, Sept 6-8 - August 21, 2019
- Elba Hevia y Vaca’s La Bolivianita to premiere at 2019 Fringe Festival, Sept 19-22 - August 13, 2019
- 2019 Women in Dance Leadership Conference , October 17-19 - August 12, 2019
- Ani/Malayaworks and Drum Like a Lady present Sunset CypHER at Bartram’s Garden, Sept 21 - August 10, 2019
- Lyons and Tigers presents Proceed with Caution in the 2019 Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Sept 20-22 - August 10, 2019
- the after-image debuts in Philly with RE: SHE a litany of adventures, Sept 13-22 - August 10, 2019