As part of the Philadelphia Fringe Arts Festival, Philadelphia-based dance company allendance premieres its evening length work, Then The Tail, in Kensington’s community and performance space, The Iron Factory.
This site-specific work challenges how we hear and listen to our natural language. Then The Tail is created by artistic director Lora Allen and sound designer, Adam Vidiksis. The two create space to change the audience’s focus from meaning to sound. “I focus on…creating musical gestures—often emphasized by loops of the text—that alter, reverse, and stagger their typical temporal relationship in musical structure. Snippets of music collide, form, and spin out from each other, but frequently the result of the interaction precedes or joins the causal event”. Then The Tail is performed by company dancers – Elizabeth Weinstein, Ashley Lippolis, Crystal Nicole, and Andrea Lanzetti.
allendance is based in Philadelphia, PA and creates work out of their home space, The Iron Factory. Artistic director Lora Allen has presented work, and been in residence throughout the US and abroad including; Center for Performance Research (NYC), Christ Church Neighborhood House (PHL), Community Education Center (PHL), thefidget space (PHL), CHI Movement Center (PHL), The Iron Factory (PHL), TouchstoneTheater (PA), DeSales University (PA), Northwestern State University (LA), The Performance Garage (PHL), The Grande Theater (NJ), The Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Coventry University (UK), Wilson College (PA), Triskelion Arts Center (NYC), Movement Research (NYC), The Performance Garage (PHL),The University of Kansas (KS), and Dixon Place (NYC) allendance has previously collaborated with film-maker Adam Peditto, three-time Grammy Award winner Bob Lanzetti and musicians Ross Pederson, Peter Adams, and currently Adam Vidiksis.
Then The Tail
Friday September 8th- 8:00pm
Saturday September 9th- 3:00pm & 8:00pm
Sunday September 10th- 3:00pm
Tickets: $20 General Admission; $15 Student and Artist Discount
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020