As part of the Philadelphia Fringe Arts Festival, Philadelphia-based dance company allendance premieres its evening length work, Then The Tail, in Kensington’s community and performance space, The Iron Factory.
This site-specific work challenges how we hear and listen to our natural language. Then The Tail is created by artistic director Lora Allen and sound designer, Adam Vidiksis. The two create space to change the audience’s focus from meaning to sound. “I focus on…creating musical gestures—often emphasized by loops of the text—that alter, reverse, and stagger their typical temporal relationship in musical structure. Snippets of music collide, form, and spin out from each other, but frequently the result of the interaction precedes or joins the causal event”. Then The Tail is performed by company dancers – Elizabeth Weinstein, Ashley Lippolis, Crystal Nicole, and Andrea Lanzetti.
allendance is based in Philadelphia, PA and creates work out of their home space, The Iron Factory. Artistic director Lora Allen has presented work, and been in residence throughout the US and abroad including; Center for Performance Research (NYC), Christ Church Neighborhood House (PHL), Community Education Center (PHL), thefidget space (PHL), CHI Movement Center (PHL), The Iron Factory (PHL), TouchstoneTheater (PA), DeSales University (PA), Northwestern State University (LA), The Performance Garage (PHL), The Grande Theater (NJ), The Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Coventry University (UK), Wilson College (PA), Triskelion Arts Center (NYC), Movement Research (NYC), The Performance Garage (PHL),The University of Kansas (KS), and Dixon Place (NYC) allendance has previously collaborated with film-maker Adam Peditto, three-time Grammy Award winner Bob Lanzetti and musicians Ross Pederson, Peter Adams, and currently Adam Vidiksis.
Then The Tail
Friday September 8th- 8:00pm
Saturday September 9th- 3:00pm & 8:00pm
Sunday September 10th- 3:00pm
Tickets: $20 General Admission; $15 Student and Artist Discount
- A Holiday Celebration With An Edge – Brian Sanders’ URBAN SCUBA: ADULT SWIM - November 17, 2017
- Ursinus College Dance Company presents Once Removed, Nov 16-18 - November 9, 2017
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents COPPÉLIA in annual Family Concert Series, Nov 18-19 - November 8, 2017
- SHARP Dance Company presents HUMANITY, Nov 17-19 - November 4, 2017
- BalletX to hold Groundbreaking for its New Center for World Premiere Choreography - November 1, 2017
- Philadelphia dance stalwarts Subcircle presents HOLD STILL while I figure this out at FringeArts, Nov 16-18 - October 27, 2017
- BalletX kicks off its 12th season with the return of Nicolo Fonte’s Beautiful Decay - October 25, 2017
- Kathanghah Dance Company and Ujima Dance Theatre host Taste A D-Yawd, Nov 18-19 - October 23, 2017
- Donetsk Ballet celebrates 20 years of Nutcracker in Philadelphia, Dec 16-17 - October 22, 2017
- STOMP, the international percussion sensation returns to the Kimmel Center, Dec. 26-31 - October 21, 2017