Experience: A dance on a 30 foot drywall structure. Attempted human flight. Casually walking up a wall. Radically formal, free range reverence for the past. The poetry is just a series of punchlines.
Mira Treatman’s A1 will premiere in September as part of Philadelphia’s annual Fringe Festival. Treatman will present her work on the FringeArts digital platform and in performance at Da Vinci Art Alliance. A1 marks Treatman’s 10th anniversary since she presented her first Fringe production, a rock opera titled Acta et Verba in Café.
A1 is an amalgam of dance-theatre experiments and digital art, blending together on screen and in performance. Playing at the intersection of dance and architecture, this work meaningfully places the human form in relation to altered spaces and temporalities. A1 offers a generous slowing down in order to really see a space and to really see others.
Mira Treatman is a dance-theatre artist who creates live performances stemming from experimental research. She is interested in the intersections of human movement, design, and spatial/temporal politics. As a performer, she’s worked with Sylvain Emard, Zornitsa Stoyanova, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Irina Varina and Cie. Carabosse/Teatro Linea de Sombra. Mira’s work has been presented at Glasshouse ArtLifeLab, the Sandy Spring Museum, and Goldilocks Gallery. In 2017, Mira was an artist in residence at Arts Letters & Numbers.
Mira Treatman’s A1
September 24 at 7:00 pm
Da Vinci Art Alliance, 704 Catharine Street, Philadelphia
Tickets are available at a sliding scale at miratreatman.com/tickets.
The digital work can be viewed online in the festival’s digital platform at FringeArts.com/event/A1 starting September 7.
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020