Experience: A dance on a 30 foot drywall structure. Attempted human flight. Casually walking up a wall. Radically formal, free range reverence for the past. The poetry is just a series of punchlines.
Mira Treatman’s A1 will premiere in September as part of Philadelphia’s annual Fringe Festival. Treatman will present her work on the FringeArts digital platform and in performance at Da Vinci Art Alliance. A1 marks Treatman’s 10th anniversary since she presented her first Fringe production, a rock opera titled Acta et Verba in Café.
A1 is an amalgam of dance-theatre experiments and digital art, blending together on screen and in performance. Playing at the intersection of dance and architecture, this work meaningfully places the human form in relation to altered spaces and temporalities. A1 offers a generous slowing down in order to really see a space and to really see others.
Mira Treatman is a dance-theatre artist who creates live performances stemming from experimental research. She is interested in the intersections of human movement, design, and spatial/temporal politics. As a performer, she’s worked with Sylvain Emard, Zornitsa Stoyanova, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Irina Varina and Cie. Carabosse/Teatro Linea de Sombra. Mira’s work has been presented at Glasshouse ArtLifeLab, the Sandy Spring Museum, and Goldilocks Gallery. In 2017, Mira was an artist in residence at Arts Letters & Numbers.
Mira Treatman’s A1
September 24 at 7:00 pm
Da Vinci Art Alliance, 704 Catharine Street, Philadelphia
Tickets are available at a sliding scale at miratreatman.com/tickets.
The digital work can be viewed online in the festival’s digital platform at FringeArts.com/event/A1 starting September 7.
- A Holiday Celebration With An Edge – Brian Sanders’ URBAN SCUBA: ADULT SWIM - November 17, 2017
- Ursinus College Dance Company presents Once Removed, Nov 16-18 - November 9, 2017
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents COPPÉLIA in annual Family Concert Series, Nov 18-19 - November 8, 2017
- SHARP Dance Company presents HUMANITY, Nov 17-19 - November 4, 2017
- BalletX to hold Groundbreaking for its New Center for World Premiere Choreography - November 1, 2017
- Philadelphia dance stalwarts Subcircle presents HOLD STILL while I figure this out at FringeArts, Nov 16-18 - October 27, 2017
- BalletX kicks off its 12th season with the return of Nicolo Fonte’s Beautiful Decay - October 25, 2017
- Kathanghah Dance Company and Ujima Dance Theatre host Taste A D-Yawd, Nov 18-19 - October 23, 2017
- Donetsk Ballet celebrates 20 years of Nutcracker in Philadelphia, Dec 16-17 - October 22, 2017
- STOMP, the international percussion sensation returns to the Kimmel Center, Dec. 26-31 - October 21, 2017