Debuting in the 2017 Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Splintered Glass features original choreography from Courtney Hunter, a local dancer making her choreographing and producing debut to the Philadelphia dance scene. The concept for the piece examines ethics surrounding Artificial Intelligence and humans playing god. It was inspired by HBO’s Westworld, a television series about Artificial Intelligence. Courtney’s articulate movement captures the embodiment of robotic advancements infused with human emotion.
Splintered Glass is a contemporary dance performance that explores the human desire to understand what lies beyond the surface of reality as we know it. The artists will tell a series of stories that question reality as we perceive it to be on the surface. Who is really in control of the systems we follow? Are we in charge of our future fate or molded as images of individual ego? Everything we think we see has something more beyond it and Splintered Glass invites you to take a deeper look.
Guest artists are Tiffany Delio and Daniela Galdi of the Blind Faith Project Dance Company. The Blind Faith Project will perform a piece inspired by Rene Magritte’s The Son of Man. This will be the Blind Faith Project Dance Company’s third time performing in the Philadelphia Fringe Festival. The Blind Faith Project was started in 2009 by the University of the Arts alumnae who were eager to produce works that positively impact culture through dance. Additional choreography by Daniela Galdi will breathe life into the history of local Philadelphia statues and sculptures, including the Freedom Sculpture by Zenos Frudakis.
Splintered Glass will be held on September 16, 2017 at 8:00pm at The Performance Garage at 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia PA 19130. Doors open at 7:30pm. Ticket cost is $20 at the door or purchased online at through http://fringearts.com/event/splintered-glass/. Street parking available.
- Pennsylvania Ballet Launches Fall Digital Season - October 29, 2020
- PDP Presents Christopher Williams’ Informance, Nov 11 - October 26, 2020
- Boyer College of Music and Dance presents: Altered Tastes An MFA Thesis Concert by Megan Bridge & Rachel DeForrest Repinz, Nov 6 - October 22, 2020
- BalletX World Premiere Event Will Feature Three Short Films by Robbie Fairchild, Amy Hall Garner, Mariana Oliveira, Nov 18 - October 22, 2020
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program presents The Porch: A Studio Dialogue with Nia Love and Fred Moten, Nov 12 - October 21, 2020
- Artist Chats with Roni Koresh: Creativity in Times of COVID - October 19, 2020
- PDP’s online Informances continue with Dr. Lynn Matluck Brooks, Oct 28 - October 14, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Pam Tanowitz Dance, Livestreamed Thursday, October 15 - October 8, 2020
- KYL/D’s Inhale Performance Series Takes On A New Format, Oct 24 - October 1, 2020
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020