“I’m interested in our bodies as cargo ships of memory, of love and loss, trauma, joy, poetry, comedy and drama. I wish to create language out of bodies and probe the hidden discourse in our physicality to understand our human story. ” – Keila Cordova
Where exuberant dancing meets fearless expression, you will find Philadelphia-based 3 Pony Show/ keila cordova dances. This year, the company presents the world premiere of KITH, as part of the 2017 Philadelphia Fringe Festival at Temple University’s Conwell Dance Theatre on Thursday, September 14 at 8:00 p.m., Friday September 15 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday September 16 at 11:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Kith: Our body is a road map. This 60-minute dance theatre work tells a collective story of human connections. KITH is the story of our relationships. Interestingly, the company is distributing a short survey as part of the creative process, inviting people to share their own stories of connection; creating potential opportunities for people to see their personal experiences of family and friends brought to life onstage as part of a collective experience. The survey is online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LKNMBCR
KITH features the talents of dancers Amelia Estrada, Camille Gamble, Alison Liney, Olivia Naegele, Karmen Nicole, Sarah Warren; composer, Pax Ressler; set designer Andrew Thompson; lighting designer, Christine Causer.
Kith and kin, is an old idiom, originally referring to one’s country and family, later evolving to mean friends and family.
3 Pony Show/ keila cordova dances
Thursday, September 14 at 8:00 p.m.
Friday September 15 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday September 16 at 11:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Conwell Dance Theater at Temple University’s campus.
Tickets: $18 General Seating/ $5 Temple Students
Online at http://fringearts.com/event/kith/
- A Holiday Celebration With An Edge – Brian Sanders’ URBAN SCUBA: ADULT SWIM - November 17, 2017
- Ursinus College Dance Company presents Once Removed, Nov 16-18 - November 9, 2017
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents COPPÉLIA in annual Family Concert Series, Nov 18-19 - November 8, 2017
- SHARP Dance Company presents HUMANITY, Nov 17-19 - November 4, 2017
- BalletX to hold Groundbreaking for its New Center for World Premiere Choreography - November 1, 2017
- Philadelphia dance stalwarts Subcircle presents HOLD STILL while I figure this out at FringeArts, Nov 16-18 - October 27, 2017
- BalletX kicks off its 12th season with the return of Nicolo Fonte’s Beautiful Decay - October 25, 2017
- Kathanghah Dance Company and Ujima Dance Theatre host Taste A D-Yawd, Nov 18-19 - October 23, 2017
- Donetsk Ballet celebrates 20 years of Nutcracker in Philadelphia, Dec 16-17 - October 22, 2017
- STOMP, the international percussion sensation returns to the Kimmel Center, Dec. 26-31 - October 21, 2017