Brandywine Ballet, Chester County’s premier, regional ballet company, is proud to announce its 2017 spring production of Beauty & The Beast to be held May 19 – 21, 2017. Brandywine Ballet continues its residency on the historic campus of West Chester University at Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall on 700 S. High Street, West Chester, PA.
This production of Beauty & The Beast is a new, full-length work based on the original story by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve. Resident Choreographer, Nancy Page has created a whimsical ballet in this new version of the classic fairy tale. A powerful spell is cast to tell a story of family, love, and passion as Beauty embarks on a journey through the forest and into a magical castle to meet the Beast. Enchanting characters of water flowers, bluebirds, and roses come to life to tell a tale of overcoming one’s fears and vulnerability, and the lesson that beauty is so much more than skin deep.
About Brandywine Ballet: Artistic Director Donna L. Muzio founded Brandywine Ballet in 1979. Bringing together professional, pre-professional, and special guest dancers from diverse artistic backgrounds and experiences, Brandywine Ballet has established itself as a formidable platform for dance training and performance in the Greater Philadelphia region. Brandywine Ballet is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is supported by admission fees, sponsorships, grants, and contributions.
Brandywine Ballet Proudly Presents: Beauty & The Beast
May 19 – 10am*
May 20 – 12pm & 4pm
May 21 – 2pm
Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall, 700 South High Street, West Chester, PA 19383
Ticket Prices: $25, $30, and $40 with Senior, University, and Group Discounts Available
*Morning performances are $10 for students or seniors (10 or more) and $18 for adults, groups only
Tickets are available online at www.brandywineballet.org or by calling the box office at 610-696-2711.
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020