Bryn Mawr and Haverford student dancers will take to the stage for the Bryn Mawr College Dance Department’s annual Spring Dance Concert. The concert is the highlight of the dance department’s spring calendar and presents an eclectic range of dance styles. Featuring works choreographed or restaged by faculty, guest choreographers, and advanced students, the performances take place Friday and Saturday, April 21 and 22, at 7:30 p.m. in McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall, Bryn Mawr College. Seating begins at 7 p.m. The concerts are free and open to the public, and a reception follows in Goodhart’s Benham Lobby. For general concert information, please call (610) 526-5210.
This year, nearly 30 students will perform in the works of critically noted guest choreographers including: Kyle Clark, former dancer and rehearsal director with Rennie Harris Puremovement, co-founder of Funky Sole Fundamentals, and co-director of Just Sole-Street Dance theater; Rev. Nia Eubanks-Dixon, former dancer with two high-powered companies—Urban Bush Women and the Chuck Davis African American Dance Ensemble, ordained minister and educator, and choreographer with Danse4Nia, acgilmoredance, and others; Megan Mazarick, a Philadelphia-based independent choreographer, performer and teacher who has toured her work in the U.S. and in places as far flung as Egypt, Singapore, and Poland; Shannon Murphy, co-director of IdiosynCrazy Productions, a sought-after independent dance artist who has worked with a wide range of choreographers, and a choreographer in her own right who has presented work in the U.S. and Canada; Meredith Rainey, former soloist with the Pennsylvania Ballet and Ballet X who has won numerous awards and grants for his work, performed in both North and South American as well as European venues, presently co-director of Pitch-dance; and Madeline Cantor, associate director of the Bryn Mawr College Dance Program, former dancer with one of Philadelphia’s pioneering Modern companies Dance Conduit, director of Dance for Teaching Artists Group, and a board member of Dance and the Child International. Bryn Mawr College senior dance major JoyAngelica Chan will present an excerpt from her work InVisible.
The 2017 Spring Dance Concert
Free and open to the public.
Friday, April 21, 7:30 p.m. Reception follows
Saturday, April 22, 7:30 p.m. Reception follows
McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
Bryn Mawr College Office for the Arts / 610.526.5210 / email@example.com
More info: http://www.brynmawr.edu/dance/ and http://www.brynmawr.edu/arts/bi-co.html
Photo Credit: Bill Hebert
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020