Bryn Mawr and Haverford student dancers will take to the stage for the Bryn Mawr College Dance Department’s annual Spring Dance Concert. The concert is the highlight of the dance department’s spring calendar and presents an eclectic range of dance styles. Featuring works choreographed or restaged by faculty, guest choreographers, and advanced students, the performances take place Friday and Saturday, April 21 and 22, at 7:30 p.m. in McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall, Bryn Mawr College. Seating begins at 7 p.m. The concerts are free and open to the public, and a reception follows in Goodhart’s Benham Lobby. For general concert information, please call (610) 526-5210.
This year, nearly 30 students will perform in the works of critically noted guest choreographers including: Kyle Clark, former dancer and rehearsal director with Rennie Harris Puremovement, co-founder of Funky Sole Fundamentals, and co-director of Just Sole-Street Dance theater; Rev. Nia Eubanks-Dixon, former dancer with two high-powered companies—Urban Bush Women and the Chuck Davis African American Dance Ensemble, ordained minister and educator, and choreographer with Danse4Nia, acgilmoredance, and others; Megan Mazarick, a Philadelphia-based independent choreographer, performer and teacher who has toured her work in the U.S. and in places as far flung as Egypt, Singapore, and Poland; Shannon Murphy, co-director of IdiosynCrazy Productions, a sought-after independent dance artist who has worked with a wide range of choreographers, and a choreographer in her own right who has presented work in the U.S. and Canada; Meredith Rainey, former soloist with the Pennsylvania Ballet and Ballet X who has won numerous awards and grants for his work, performed in both North and South American as well as European venues, presently co-director of Pitch-dance; and Madeline Cantor, associate director of the Bryn Mawr College Dance Program, former dancer with one of Philadelphia’s pioneering Modern companies Dance Conduit, director of Dance for Teaching Artists Group, and a board member of Dance and the Child International. Bryn Mawr College senior dance major JoyAngelica Chan will present an excerpt from her work InVisible.
The 2017 Spring Dance Concert
Free and open to the public.
Friday, April 21, 7:30 p.m. Reception follows
Saturday, April 22, 7:30 p.m. Reception follows
McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
Bryn Mawr College Office for the Arts / 610.526.5210 / email@example.com
More info: http://www.brynmawr.edu/dance/ and http://www.brynmawr.edu/arts/bi-co.html
Photo Credit: Bill Hebert
- University of the Arts School of Dance presents School for Temporary Liveness from Sept 25 – Oct 2 - September 18, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal in Dance Me featuring the Music of Leonard Cohen, Sept 26-28 - September 18, 2019
- Reflection:Response Choreographic Commission 2019 features kNots and Nests by Marion Ramírez - August 25, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - August 23, 2019
- Agama Indian Classical Arts Festival comes to Philadelphia, Sept 6-8 - August 21, 2019
- Elba Hevia y Vaca’s La Bolivianita to premiere at 2019 Fringe Festival, Sept 19-22 - August 13, 2019
- 2019 Women in Dance Leadership Conference , October 17-19 - August 12, 2019
- Ani/Malayaworks and Drum Like a Lady present Sunset CypHER at Bartram’s Garden, Sept 21 - August 10, 2019
- Lyons and Tigers presents Proceed with Caution in the 2019 Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Sept 20-22 - August 10, 2019
- the after-image debuts in Philly with RE: SHE a litany of adventures, Sept 13-22 - August 10, 2019