Bryn Mawr and Haverford student dancers will take to the stage for the Bryn Mawr College Dance Department’s annual Spring Dance Concert. The concert is the highlight of the dance department’s spring calendar and presents an eclectic range of dance styles. Featuring works choreographed or restaged by faculty, guest choreographers, and advanced students, the performances take place Friday and Saturday, April 21 and 22, at 7:30 p.m. in McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall, Bryn Mawr College. Seating begins at 7 p.m. The concerts are free and open to the public, and a reception follows in Goodhart’s Benham Lobby. For general concert information, please call (610) 526-5210.
This year, nearly 30 students will perform in the works of critically noted guest choreographers including: Kyle Clark, former dancer and rehearsal director with Rennie Harris Puremovement, co-founder of Funky Sole Fundamentals, and co-director of Just Sole-Street Dance theater; Rev. Nia Eubanks-Dixon, former dancer with two high-powered companies—Urban Bush Women and the Chuck Davis African American Dance Ensemble, ordained minister and educator, and choreographer with Danse4Nia, acgilmoredance, and others; Megan Mazarick, a Philadelphia-based independent choreographer, performer and teacher who has toured her work in the U.S. and in places as far flung as Egypt, Singapore, and Poland; Shannon Murphy, co-director of IdiosynCrazy Productions, a sought-after independent dance artist who has worked with a wide range of choreographers, and a choreographer in her own right who has presented work in the U.S. and Canada; Meredith Rainey, former soloist with the Pennsylvania Ballet and Ballet X who has won numerous awards and grants for his work, performed in both North and South American as well as European venues, presently co-director of Pitch-dance; and Madeline Cantor, associate director of the Bryn Mawr College Dance Program, former dancer with one of Philadelphia’s pioneering Modern companies Dance Conduit, director of Dance for Teaching Artists Group, and a board member of Dance and the Child International. Bryn Mawr College senior dance major JoyAngelica Chan will present an excerpt from her work InVisible.
The 2017 Spring Dance Concert
Free and open to the public.
Friday, April 21, 7:30 p.m. Reception follows
Saturday, April 22, 7:30 p.m. Reception follows
McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
Bryn Mawr College Office for the Arts / 610.526.5210 / email@example.com
More info: http://www.brynmawr.edu/dance/ and http://www.brynmawr.edu/arts/bi-co.html
Photo Credit: Bill Hebert
- Après moi, l’obscurité by Paige Phillips, Jan 26-27 - December 12, 2017
- SHARE at The Iron Factory, Dec 9 - December 4, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker®, Dec 8-31 - November 21, 2017
- Ballet 180 Presents Nutcracker Sweets, Dec 16th - November 21, 2017
- Donetsk Ballet celebrates 20 years of Nutcracker in Philadelphia, Dec 16-17 - November 21, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Trustees Appoint Shelly Power as Executive Director - November 21, 2017
- STOMP, the international percussion sensation returns to the Kimmel Center, Dec. 26-31 - November 19, 2017
- Megan Flynn Dance Company presents A Piece of This Place: A Pop-Up Performance on Dec 9th - November 18, 2017
- Miguel Gutierrez’s DEEP AEROBICS, Dec 2nd - November 17, 2017
- Project Moshen Dance Company’s EXCERPTS to benefit Morris Animal Refuge, Dec 2 - November 17, 2017