Esteemed Kimmel Center Resident Company PHILADANCO will perform its Spring program at the Perelman Theater, featuring a selection of fast-moving, breath-taking works by founder Joan Myers Brown’s favorite choreographers. The program, taking place April 13–15, 2017, will feature a combination of revivals and new works from Talley Beatty, Gene Hill Sagan, Dawn Marie Bazemore, and Christopher L. Huggins
“Every production from our beloved Resident Company PHILADANCO is packed with tremendous energy, innovation, and rich culture,” said Anne Ewers, President and CEO of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “Joan is a visionary leader who has inspired dancers and choreographers for decades and we’re certain that her inspiration will infuse through in these performances.”
The program will comprise revivals of two classic works of legendary choreographers whose work is still relevant in today’s world: A Rag, a Bone, and a Hank of Hair by Talley Beatty, set to music by Prince and Earth, Wind and Fire; as well as choreographer Gene Hill Sagan’s Sweet Agony set to the soulful sounds of Teddy Pendergrass. The program will also feature two new works by acclaimed choreographers Dawn Marie Bazemore and Christopher L. Huggins.
April 13, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
April 14, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
April 15, 2017, 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 pm.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $29.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at kimmelcenter.org, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more and can be purchased by calling (215) 790-5883. More information at kimmelcenter.org
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020