Are you concerned about the possibility of the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), and Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) being eliminated? Are you at a loss as to what to do to help save these cultural agencies? I have a way you can help. Join us in DC on March 20-21, 2017 for the National Arts Action Summit.
What can you expect from the National Arts Action Summit? The National Arts Action Summit is your opportunity to receive crucial advocacy training from experts in the field and then put that training into practice. Hosted by Americans for the Arts in partnership with over 85 national arts organizations, Arts Advocacy Day is the largest gathering of its kind, bringing together a broad cross section of America’s cultural and civic organizations. Grassroots advocates from across the country come to Washington, DC to meet with their members of Congress to garner support for issues like arts education policy, the charitable tax deduction, and funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.
On Monday, March 20 you will join hundreds of arts advocates from across the country to participate in interactive advocacy training and peer-to-peer learning and networking. That evening, attendees will attend the Nancy Hanks Lecture on Arts & Public Policy at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. This year’s lecturer is Darren Walker, president of the Ford Foundation.
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017, after the Congressional Arts Kick Off, advocates will meet with their congressional representatives to share their stories about the impact and transformative power that the arts have in their communities. This is where Citizens for the Arts in PA, acting as PA’s state captain, comes in. We will be leading a group of Pennsylvanians in meetings with members of our Congressional delegation and we NEED you to be part of our group. The power is in the numbers so help us by registering for this event at Arts Advocacy Registration today! With your help we can convince our Congressional delegation to continue to support the NEA, NEH, and CBP.
Hope to see you in DC on March 20-21, 2017,
Citizens for the Arts in Pennsylvania
- President Trump Proposes to Eliminate the NEA Again. Take Action Today! - February 12, 2018
- 12 Days of Christmas – Win A FREE Membership to PhiladelphiaDANCE.org - December 12, 2017
- Contact Your State Senator in Support for Funding for the Arts - May 25, 2017
- Congress Finalizes Current Budget with Arts Increases - May 1, 2017
- Trump Administration Proposes Cutting NEA $15 Million This Year - March 28, 2017
- Breaking News – Trump Budget to Eliminate Arts Endowment - March 16, 2017
- Make your voice heard at the National Arts Action Summit – March 20-21, 2017 - March 3, 2017
- Arts Grants Hidden in PA State Budget Proposal - February 8, 2017
- Help preserve funding to the arts under a Trump regime - January 31, 2017
- House Advancing NEA Funding – Take Action Today - July 12, 2016