Nora Gibson Contemporary Ballet presents Philadelphia’s 2nd Annual International “dance-for-camera” film festival, March 3rd and 4th with two distinct programs each night at 7:30 pm and 9:00 pm. The festival will take place at the Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street. Philadelphia. Tickets for each program are $15; or see both lineups for a discounted price of $25.
The 2017 Philadelphia Screendance Festival celebrates the nexus between the cinematic and the choreographic! 20 “dance-for-camera” short films from film/dance-makers from all over the globe, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, the U.K., Seattle, Vancouver, Netherlands, Belgium, and more are represented in two separate screenings. The Sleek program (7:30 pm) will feature light-hearted and aesthetically delectable films that are appropriate for all ages. The Edgy program (9:00 pm) will feature films that explore the weird and wild, and make social and political statements.
The screenings feature award winning film makers, seasoned choreographers, and emerging artists. Returning artists from the 2016 Screendance festival include Wilder Projects and Jason Andrews & Julia Gleich of Norte Maar. Philadelphia artists’ work can be seen in both programs: Zornitsa Stoyanova, Lora Allen, Laura Katz, and Elizabeth June Bergman.
The 2017 Philadelphia Screendance Festival
Friday March 3rd & Saturday March 4th
Sleek – 7:30 pm & Edgy – 9:00 pm
Performance Garage , 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130
To purchase tickets online, click here
View full program and line up, click here
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 26, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020
- jumatatu m. poe receives 2020 Creative Capital Award - February 18, 2020
- Roger Lee Dance Company’s Spring Concert Series – Music – POSTPONED - February 17, 2020
- Foreign Tongues by Liquid Loft, March 11-12 - February 12, 2020
- Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO, March 12 - February 12, 2020
- BalletX Presents Spring Series 2020, March 18 – 29 – POSTPONED - February 11, 2020