On Friday, January 6th, bring your moves to the Barnes for the first of a three-part dance series.
For tango night the Bares is having a milonga: first listen to Rio de la Plata Tango Quartet while dancers from the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School show you the basics. After 6:30, the floor is yours with a tango showcase featuring Ines Muzzopappa and Nicolas Ponce, and Andres Amarilla and Meredith Klein.
The evening also marks the opening of a sound installation by Andrea Hornick in the Collection Gallery. Meet the artist and watch her performance connected to the piece.
6-6:30 pm dance lessons
6:15-7pm Andrea Hornick performance/talk
6:30-9 pm dancing
FIRST FRIDAY. TANGO!
Friday, January 6, 2017 from 6-9pm
The Barnes Foundation, 2025 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130
$25; members free; $10 college students: valid college ID must be presented, on site only.
- jumatatu m. poe receives 2020 Creative Capital Award - February 18, 2020
- Roger Lee Dance Company’s Spring Concert Series – Music, March 27-28 - February 17, 2020
- Foreign Tongues by Liquid Loft, March 11-12 - February 12, 2020
- Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO, March 12 - February 12, 2020
- 5th Annual Opine Dance Film Festival, March 20 & 21 - February 11, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects’ DANCE UP CLOSE – Mazarick & Ramirez - January 28, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Ephrat Asherie, February 7-8 - January 22, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents Paul Taylor Dance Company, January 24-25 - January 17, 2020
- A multi-generational cast of women come together in HOMEbody, Feb 22 - January 10, 2020
- Cunningham opens in Philadelphia - January 9, 2020