On Friday, January 6th, bring your moves to the Barnes for the first of a three-part dance series.
For tango night the Bares is having a milonga: first listen to Rio de la Plata Tango Quartet while dancers from the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School show you the basics. After 6:30, the floor is yours with a tango showcase featuring Ines Muzzopappa and Nicolas Ponce, and Andres Amarilla and Meredith Klein.
The evening also marks the opening of a sound installation by Andrea Hornick in the Collection Gallery. Meet the artist and watch her performance connected to the piece.
6-6:30 pm dance lessons
6:15-7pm Andrea Hornick performance/talk
6:30-9 pm dancing
FIRST FRIDAY. TANGO!
Friday, January 6, 2017 from 6-9pm
The Barnes Foundation, 2025 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130
$25; members free; $10 college students: valid college ID must be presented, on site only.
- Philly Kerplop, a supercrew of all styles dancers and musicians, presents Blaow! Cosmos? - November 16, 2019
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents Peter Pan, Nov 23-24 - October 7, 2019
- Perspectives A Presentation of New Work by Temple University Dance B.F.A. Seniors, Nov 22-23 - October 7, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Establishes Residence On Broad Street With The Tapcracker, Dec 14-15 - October 6, 2019
- Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical Revue, Nov 14 - October 5, 2019