Extraordinary lighting effects combined with remarkable dance moves and high-energy music create an unforgettable performance experience by America’s Got Talent finalists iLuminate. The New York-based entertainment group is based on the fusion of technology and dance, performing in electrified glow-in-the-dark suits on a darkened stage to create a visual experience unlike any other. The show will run for three performances, February 10–11, 2017, at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts’ Merriam Theater.
“iLuminate is a perfect example of how the arts allow us to combine our passions, no matter how unrelated they may seem,” said Anne Ewers, President & CEO of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “This incredible group brings such a unique and exciting style of performance to our stage and we cannot wait to be swept away by their groundbreaking show!”
iLuminate was formed in 2009 as the brainchild of Miral Kotb, a woman who sought to bring together her passions for dance and software engineering. Enhanced by the patented iLuminate technology that enables the crew and performers to produce explosive performances with customized wireless lighting programs, their shows focus on stories of adventure and romance expressed through an array of dance styles and illusions. Dubbed “the best new act in America” following their third place win on America’s Got Talent in 2011, iLuminate has quickly become a household name
February 10, 2017, 8:00 p.m.
February 11, 2017, 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m
Tickets are available now and start at $20.00.
Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at kimmelcenter.org, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office.
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020