Celebrate the holiday season with the entire family as The Rock School for Dance Education presents the enchanting, dynamic, and magical Nutcracker 1776. Uniquely blending Tchaikovsky’s score and the traditional Nutcracker story with Revolutionary-era Philadelphia aesthetics, Nutcracker 1776 takes audiences on a journey through battling mice, swirling snow and mountains of candies and features a cast of young international and local ballet prodigies portrayed as soldier mice, magical fairies, and founding fathers. Under the artistic direction of Bojan Spassoff and Stephanie Wolf Spassoff, this exciting 70-minute production is suitable for families and children of all ages.
Nutcracker 1776 will be performed at the Merriam Theater, in the heart of Philadelphia’s theater district, on Friday, December 16, 2016 at 7:00 PM and Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Ticket prices are $50, $40, and $30 [additional fees may apply] and are available at http://www.therockschool.org/nutcracker or call Ticket Philadelphia at 215-893-1999. Discounted tickets are available for groups of 10 or more.
With dedication to enriching the lives of young, aspiring dancers, The Rock School is one of the nation’s premier institutions for ballet and dance training, offering classes and activities from ages 6-months through pre-professional careers for over 50 years. Internationally recognized, The Rock School has been selected as “Outstanding School” for an unprecedented eleven consecutive years at Youth America Grand Prix, the largest ballet competition in the world, and has placed dancers in every major ballet company in the world, in film, and on Broadway.
- BalletX’s Dance eXchange Featuring 200 Public School Students to Perform for the Community, Feb 20-21 - January 17, 2018
- The Black Magic of Living at Swarthmore College, Feb 2-10 - January 17, 2018
- fidget explores the power of presence in our technological age with Sp3, Feb 1-3 - January 17, 2018
- Group Motion Spiel Uhr Series: New Voices, Feb 24 & 25 - January 16, 2018
- PA Ballet Presents Full Swan Lake for First Time - January 10, 2018
- Choreographer Cynthia Oliver Unearths Black Masculinities with Virago-Man Dem, Jan 26 & 27 - January 5, 2018
- BalletX Spring Series to feature Beyoncé’s choreographer, March 7-18 - January 5, 2018
- Tango Fire returns to the Merriam Theater, Jan 31 - January 2, 2018
- L.A. Dance Project Makes Philadelphia Debut at Annenberg Center Live, January 12-13 - January 2, 2018
- Bryn Mawr College Performing Arts Series will present two visionary artists: Ralph Lemon and Okwui Okpokwasili - January 2, 2018