Celebrate the holiday season with the entire family as The Rock School for Dance Education presents the enchanting, dynamic, and magical Nutcracker 1776. Uniquely blending Tchaikovsky’s score and the traditional Nutcracker story with Revolutionary-era Philadelphia aesthetics, Nutcracker 1776 takes audiences on a journey through battling mice, swirling snow and mountains of candies and features a cast of young international and local ballet prodigies portrayed as soldier mice, magical fairies, and founding fathers. Under the artistic direction of Bojan Spassoff and Stephanie Wolf Spassoff, this exciting 70-minute production is suitable for families and children of all ages.
Nutcracker 1776 will be performed at the Merriam Theater, in the heart of Philadelphia’s theater district, on Friday, December 16, 2016 at 7:00 PM and Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Ticket prices are $50, $40, and $30 [additional fees may apply] and are available at http://www.therockschool.org/nutcracker or call Ticket Philadelphia at 215-893-1999. Discounted tickets are available for groups of 10 or more.
With dedication to enriching the lives of young, aspiring dancers, The Rock School is one of the nation’s premier institutions for ballet and dance training, offering classes and activities from ages 6-months through pre-professional careers for over 50 years. Internationally recognized, The Rock School has been selected as “Outstanding School” for an unprecedented eleven consecutive years at Youth America Grand Prix, the largest ballet competition in the world, and has placed dancers in every major ballet company in the world, in film, and on Broadway.
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020