Megan Flynn Dance Company (MFDC), presents an evening of new works, “We’re all a little bit stubborn” in the Philadelphia Fringe Festival 2016. Flynn, recognized during last year’s Fringe Festival for her “disciplined craftwomanship” and “expansive, full-bodied dancing” (The Dance Journal, 2015), brings together a plucky group of skillful and expressive dancers from Philadelphia and NYC for two performances at Philadelphia’s hidden gem of a theater, the Conwell Dance Theater 1801 North Broad Street, on September 24th at 7:30 PM and September 25th at 3:00 PM.
In this latest work, Flynn and her “stellar group of collaborators” (Broad Street Review, 2015) tackle the complexity of stubbornness and how it persistently shapes individuals and relationships. Artistic director and choreographer, Flynn, explains: “Stubbornness has such a negative connotation in our society but I am fascinated by it. What is it that drives us to pursue our dreams or gives strength to our moral fiber? I have a hard time thinking of one person in my life who isn’t just a little bit stubborn.”
Since forming in 2015, MFDC has quickly made an impressive mark on the Philadelphia dance community with various performances including the Reading Terminal Market and FringeArts’ “Fringe in the Market”, FringeArts’ Festival Launch Party at La Peg, and Koresh Artist Showcase. Critics have described performances as “a marley full of magnificent dancing” (The Dance Journal, 2016). “We’re all a little bit stubborn” will also feature the premiere of an original musical score composed by Alan Terricciano, who has received international recognition for numerous commissions for choreography and performance engagements.
We’re all a little bit stubborn
Megan Flynn Dance Company
Saturday September 24 at 7:30 PM
Sunday September 25 at 3:00 PM
$15/ $12 FringeArts Members/ $10 Students
Tickets are available online at www.fringearts.com/021 or at the door.
Conwell Dance Theater, Conwell Hall, 5th Floor, Temple University, 1801 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020