This Fringe Festival, Group Motion will present three international dance artists: Silvana Cardell, Chloe Felesina, and Laina Fischbeck. These influential female artists have received national and international recognition as dancers and choreographers for both their solo and company work. Each artist also has a special connection to Group Motion through multiple artistic collaborations over the years. This evening-length, triple bill performance will occur on September 11 and 12 at 8 PM at the CEC Meetinghouse Theatre.
Silvana Cardell will present Philadelphia-Buenos Aires Affair, an interactive dance work created with Cardell dancing on stage in Philadelphia with choreographer/collaborator Mariano Pattin performing via live video stream in Buenos Aires. Cardell is an award-winning choreographer who directs Cardell Dance Theater and is the Chair/Director of the Dance Program at Georgian Court University. Prior to joining GCU, she served on the faculty at the School of Dance at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia and as Artistic Co-Director of Group Motion Dance Company from 2005-2007.
Chloe Felesina will perform a partially improvised and partially choreographed solo, Danced Words, in collaboration with Manfred Fischbeck’s original poetry and live music featuring solo voice and keyboard. Chloe Felesina is a full-time company member of BalletX, and in 2014 she co-founded Duende – an experimental dance and music company – in collaboration with composer Alyssa Weinberg and cellist Gabriel Cabezas. Felesina partnered with Group Motion Artistic Director Manfred Fischbeck in Ballet X’s, Beautiful Decay. She is thrilled to work and perform with Group Motion in a new context this year in the Philadelphia Fringe Festival.
Dance artist Laina Fischbeck and musician Christophe Gateau will travel from Rennes, France to perform their collaboration, Vibrato, a piece holding at its forefront that “vibration is everything.” The challenging work investigates the impact of sound on the physical, emotional, and spiritual body and the resonance between classical music and rock n’ roll. Laina Fischbeck, originally a German/American artist, is the artistic director of D.E.A.D. Company (Driving Evolutionary Artistic Dimensions), based in Rennes, France. Her dance and multimedia creations have toured internationally to Greece, Poland, Germany, Italy, and the United States. After graduating from the University of the Arts School of Dance in 1990 she went on to study and collaborate with numerous international artists such as Brigitta Herrmann, Ausdruckstanz Dance Theater, Manfred Fischbeck, Group Motion Dance Company, Masaki Iwana (France), Kenshi Nohmi (Japan), Silvana Cardell (Buenos Aires/Philadelphia), Companhia Ladanhia (Rennes, France).
Each of these performers are driven by their own unique and powerful movement language, combining virtuosity and expressiveness, in conjunction with highly refined audio and visual interactivity with their respective collaborators. Group Motion is excited and proud to present three different solos by these prevalent dance artists on the same stage.
Group Motion Multi Media Dance Theater presents VIBRATO: 3 Solo Dances
Created and performed by national and international dance artists Silvana Cardell, Chloe Felesina and Laina Fischbeck.
CEC Meetinghouse Theatre, 3500 Lancaster Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104
September 11 & 12, 2016 at 8 PM
$20-25 in advance, $30 at the door
PHILADELPHIA – BUENOS AIRES AFFAIR
Silvana Cardell with choreographer Mariano Pattin (live video stream from Buenos Aires)
Chloe Felesina with poetry and live music (keyboard and voice) by Manfred Fischbeck
Laina Fischbeck with live music (guitar) composed and performed by Christophe Gateau
- The Annenberg Center Presents PHILADANCO’s Xmas Philes, Dec. 12-14 - December 5, 2019
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® Returns to Pennsylvania Ballet, Dec 6-31 - November 27, 2019
- BalletX Presents Fall Series 2019, Dec 4-15 - November 27, 2019
- Philly Kerplop, a supercrew of all styles dancers and musicians, presents Blaow! Cosmos? - November 16, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Establishes Residence On Broad Street With The Tapcracker, Dec 14-15 - November 14, 2019
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019