SmokeyScout Productions’ series NICE AND FRESH: POP UP PERFORMANCES OF NEW THEATER AND DANCE returns to Cliveden in Germantown March 18 and 19 for a new showcase featuring new work by Olive Prince, Chris Davis, Annie Wilson, and Josh McIlvain. Cliveden is the largest and perhaps most famous of the pre-Revolutionary historical houses in Germantown, sitting on five acres of land, right off of Germantown Avenue. The performance will take place in the Carriage House and surrounding area (weather permitting).
Dance being presented…
Choreographer: Olive Prince; Dancers: Olive Prince, Brandi Ou, Wally Carbonell, Alissa Zrein
A dark and distinctive dance steeped in images of submergence and tides. Provocative and enigmatic visual images are doused with gesture, abstract movement, and technical virtuosity.
Action is Primary
Performed by Annie Wilson
Based on improvisational dance practice developed by Meg Foley
Action is Primary is a mode of creation-in-the-moment that shows how attention, imagination, and the ghosts of our choices can tumble through a person’s body in a constant play of regeneration and falling inwards and spilling out.
Also on the bill are…
Written and Directed by Josh McIlvain. Performers: Lauren LeBlanc, Ezekiel Jackson, Wyl McCaul
Mia tries to relax at her family’s remote vacation home in Maine, but her brother, a self-styled inventor, is the appointed caretaker and he has many rules.
Juan-Winfield Escutia-Scott or the Mexican-American War, a butcher’s play
Written and Performed by Chris Davis
Meet Winfield Scott, commanding General of the American Army, as he leads you on a war campaign to conquer Mexico City . . . until he meets a young boy that will forever change his life. A new work about the infamous last stand of the Niños Héroes and the General Winfield Scott.
PLUS: the 7-minute exhibition featuring a new work by visual artist Iva Fabrikant. During the 7-minute intermission, we quickly construct a visual arts exhibition for audiences to enjoy, and we make it disappear seven minutes later.
Nice and Fresh: Pop Up Performances of New Theater and Dance
March 18 at 7pm March 19 at 6pm and 8pm
Cliveden, 6401 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19144 (entrance on Cliveden)
$7 online at nice16.brownpapertickets.com or at the door
More information at www.smokeyscout.com
***Mature language and themes. Not for children.
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020