by Bill Hebert for The Dance Journal
So especially now as folks are prepping for Fringe and their fall season shows the end of summer for Philly Dance can be very quiet which can leave a performance photographer well pulling their hair out from being bored. =)
So I decided to contact one of the folks I had met a few years ago Jessica Noel who was doing a Fringe show with another dancer/choreographer Leslie Davidson and swing by their rehearsal for their Fringe show which will be at Philly PACK in Queen Village. So I guess this is a photo column/Fringe preview.
Their show “Sit Down. Stand Up.” is contemporary dance piece choreographed and performed by Leslie Davidson and Jessica Noel about the constant roller coaster ride of the human psyche while involved in a turbulent relationship told to the music of Radiohead. How cool is that?
For now enjoy this glimpse into their rehearsal process and if you would like more info about their show you can find it at the end of the photo column. Enjoy!
Sit Down. Stand Up.
Jessica Noel and Leslie Davidson of Philly PACK (729 South 4th Street)
Performances: Sept 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th and 19th at 8pm
Tix just $10
- The Dancing Monks of Assam - April 18, 2018
- In the studio with Darrell Grand Moultrie - February 4, 2018
- Bill Hebert’s Philly Holiday Sampler - December 17, 2017
- BalletX presents Nicolo Fonte’s Beautiful Decay - December 1, 2017
- Temple University Student Concert, Fall 2017 - November 12, 2017
- Temple University Alumni Concert - October 8, 2017
- DUENDE – Break My Echo at FringeArts 2017 - September 13, 2017
- A photo Review of BalletX Summer Series 2017 - July 14, 2017
- Behind The Lens with Pasión y Arte at The Barnes Foundation - June 7, 2017
- Sneak Peak at BalletX Spring Series 2017 - May 3, 2017