This past Saturday I had the pleasure of photographing “Califia and the Trespassers” a multimedia collaboration featuring the Group Motion Dance Company. “Califia and the Trespassers is an installation performance work involving electronic music by Andrea Clearfield, original film installation and performance texts by Quintan Ana Wikswo and choreography for eleven dancers (Group Motion) by Manfred Fischbeck as part of the New Spaces New Formats series, supported by The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage.
The performance itself was very enjoyable but definitely challenging to me the photographer especially when photographing outside with the prelude to the performance beginning outside Christ Church and the main portion happening inside Christ Church Neighborhood House with the majority of the lighting provided by projection. Shooting site-specific is always challenging but a very unique experience. You (the photographer) must see and capture moments as they occur while photographing in a space with no true front at times and being part of the audience.
So now I bring you images from “Califia and the Trespassers”:
As always feel free to comment, ask questions, give whatever feedback you like.
All photos by Bill Hebert.
- The Dancing Monks of Assam - April 18, 2018
- In the studio with Darrell Grand Moultrie - February 4, 2018
- Bill Hebert’s Philly Holiday Sampler - December 17, 2017
- BalletX presents Nicolo Fonte’s Beautiful Decay - December 1, 2017
- Temple University Student Concert, Fall 2017 - November 12, 2017
- Temple University Alumni Concert - October 8, 2017
- DUENDE – Break My Echo at FringeArts 2017 - September 13, 2017
- A photo Review of BalletX Summer Series 2017 - July 14, 2017
- Behind The Lens with Pasión y Arte at The Barnes Foundation - June 7, 2017
- Sneak Peak at BalletX Spring Series 2017 - May 3, 2017