This week the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater starts their US tour in Philadelphia with a selection of works including the Philly premier of “Home” choreographed by Philadelphia dance icon Rennie Harris.
“Home” is inspired by the stories of people living with or affected by HIV. Choreography by Rennie Harris and music score by Dennis Ferrer and Raphael Xavier.
There are two more chances to see the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater this week: Thursday, January 31st at 8pm and Friday, February 1st at 8pm at the Merriam Theater. There is just one more chance to see the Philly premier of “Home” as part of Friday’s program. Don’t miss it!!!
For ticket & program information go to: http://www.alvinailey.org/calendar/2013-01-30#filters[tid-113]=
Here is just a taste of what you’ll see…
All photos by Bill Hebert (BHPhotos) and courtesy of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and the Kimmel Center. Any reproduction or re-posting without permission is strictly forbidden.
- The Dancing Monks of Assam - April 18, 2018
- In the studio with Darrell Grand Moultrie - February 4, 2018
- Bill Hebert’s Philly Holiday Sampler - December 17, 2017
- BalletX presents Nicolo Fonte’s Beautiful Decay - December 1, 2017
- Temple University Student Concert, Fall 2017 - November 12, 2017
- Temple University Alumni Concert - October 8, 2017
- DUENDE – Break My Echo at FringeArts 2017 - September 13, 2017
- A photo Review of BalletX Summer Series 2017 - July 14, 2017
- Behind The Lens with Pasión y Arte at The Barnes Foundation - June 7, 2017
- Sneak Peak at BalletX Spring Series 2017 - May 3, 2017