POD (Point of Departure) served up an awesome show over the weekend “Mixed Drinks” pairing 30 different choreographers with a composer. The extra twists were each choreographer didn’t receive their music till the evening before, had only 2 minutes each to show their stuff and some choreographers were paired with the same composer/score of music which made it extra interesting since you got the chance to see how the same music was interpreted by different choreographers. It was just a special night bringing together a diverse mix of our dance community which I REALLY hope happens again soon.
Choreographers/Performers included: Bethany Formica, Scott Park, David Konyk, Christina Catanese, Charles Tyson, Jr., Joy Miriama Smith, Melissa Chisena, Keila Cordova, Ellie Goudie-Averill, Shaily Dadiala, Maria Urrutia, Greg Annuth, Kelly Adorno, Kat Richter, Lauren Williams, Thomas Choinacky, Becca Weber, Rain Ross, Lesya Popil, Elizabeth Reynolds, Ellen Gerdes, Jenn Rose, Stephanie Hyland, Meredith Steinberg, Brittany Griffiths, Jennifer Yackel, Lindsay Browning, Alie Vidich, Gabrielle Giordano and CJ Holm.
So far i’ve shown you a pic from Bethany Formica’s piece so sit back, relax and enjoy 29 more images from the rest of the choreographers from last night’s show. That’s right an extra special photo column with count them 30 images taken by yours truly Bill Hebert. It’s a Christmas Miracle. Enjoy! =)
All photos by Bill Hebert (BHPhotos)
- The Dancing Monks of Assam - April 18, 2018
- In the studio with Darrell Grand Moultrie - February 4, 2018
- Bill Hebert’s Philly Holiday Sampler - December 17, 2017
- BalletX presents Nicolo Fonte’s Beautiful Decay - December 1, 2017
- Temple University Student Concert, Fall 2017 - November 12, 2017
- Temple University Alumni Concert - October 8, 2017
- DUENDE – Break My Echo at FringeArts 2017 - September 13, 2017
- A photo Review of BalletX Summer Series 2017 - July 14, 2017
- Behind The Lens with Pasión y Arte at The Barnes Foundation - June 7, 2017
- Sneak Peak at BalletX Spring Series 2017 - May 3, 2017