The Philadelphia debut of Rennie Harris RHAW will be on July 16,2011 at The Suzanne Roberts Theater with two shows at 2:30pm and 7:30pm. RHAW will feature the choreographic works of Rodney Hill of the “Untouchables,” Moncell Durden of Moptop Crew , Raphael Xavier, and Rennie Harris of Rennie Harris Puremovement.
Conceived in 2007 Rennie Harris Awe-inspiring Works is a youth organization driven by community outreach, education, lectures and classes as well as mentorship. Harris’ inspiration for this youth driven company was inspired by the overwhelming interest from teens and young adults to join his internationally renowned company Rennie Harris Puremovement. RHAW forges new paths for young hip hop hopefuls as well as present hip hop in its “RHAW-est.” form as they take it back to basics.
Rennie goes on to explain, “I am inspired to commune with the humanitarian conscious of us all. My hope is to communicate to ones primal self, acknowledging one’s spirit, one’s right to experience, to love, to worship freely as it was intended. I am awestruck; I am inspired to continue touching people’s lives. Challenging realities through my work. This is my small but necessary contribution to the world at large. RHAW will carry on the legacy of freedom by using hip hop & funk dance as a free expression. Proving once again that we the people have a right to be heard and to be loved.”
Saturday, July 16th at 2:30 & 7:30pm
The Suzanne Roberts Theater, 480 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia
- Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal’s Tribute to Leonard Cohen with Dance With Me - March 9, 2019
- (RE) Frame – MFA Thesis Performance by Blanca Huertas-Agnew - February 17, 2019
- Sammy Reyes’ Social Compass - January 29, 2019
- First Sunday at The Barnes with Rhonda Moore and Christina Castro-Tauser - November 7, 2018
- The Philly Sirens bring change to the East Coast Dance World - October 17, 2018
- Ruckus Dance ventures to Philadelphia - September 23, 2018
- Truly A Fringe Gem in Kind & Metal’s Indestructible Flowers - September 23, 2018
- Celebrating Fierce Women at The Barnes’ Artist Bash - September 22, 2018
- A Break from Philly Fringe with Koresh Artist Showcase - September 17, 2018
- WeftWorks Before/After’s visual account of the environmental cost of consumerism - September 17, 2018