Welcome to the debut post of my very first photo column titled “Behind the Lens”.
So what is my goal for this column? To each week bring you an image spotlighting the artists in our amazing community that I have had the pleasure of photographing.
For the debut post I decided to go with the most recent performance I photographed which was the 2011 A.W.A.R.D. show and an image from this year’s winning choreographer, Meredith Rainey. You can next see Meredith Rainey and his company Carbon Dance Theatre on August 26-28th at the Performance Garage as they next bring you “Perceive:Perform”.
I wanted to thank Steven Weisz for inviting me to do this photo column and thank you to the amazing Philadelphia Dance community for giving me amazing works of art and expression for me to capture. I look forward to sharing these images with you and also look forward to reading your comments about the images and about the artists themselves.
- The Dancing Monks of Assam - April 18, 2018
- In the studio with Darrell Grand Moultrie - February 4, 2018
- Bill Hebert’s Philly Holiday Sampler - December 17, 2017
- BalletX presents Nicolo Fonte’s Beautiful Decay - December 1, 2017
- Temple University Student Concert, Fall 2017 - November 12, 2017
- Temple University Alumni Concert - October 8, 2017
- DUENDE – Break My Echo at FringeArts 2017 - September 13, 2017
- A photo Review of BalletX Summer Series 2017 - July 14, 2017
- Behind The Lens with Pasión y Arte at The Barnes Foundation - June 7, 2017
- Sneak Peak at BalletX Spring Series 2017 - May 3, 2017