Over 100 photos cataloging dance in Philadelphia during 2010 by Bill Hebert can now be viewed online at PhiladelphiaDANCE.TV
Bill Hebert (pronounced AY-BEAR), has been photographing performances in Philadelphia and New York for almost 8 years now primarily capturing dance. He has worked such local artists as Montazh, Rennie Harris Puremovement(RHPM), Headlong Dance Theater, BalletX, Winged Woman Dance/Tina Heuges, Nichole Canuso Dance Company and Group Motion among many others in Philadelphia. NY based and touring companies Bill has had the pleasure of working with include: Paul Taylor, Limon Dance, Parsons Dance, Doug Varone and Dancers, Merce Cunningham, RubberbandDamce Group, Les Ballets Jazz de Montreal, River North Chicago Dance and Pilobolus. Bill has also had the pleasure of participating in three photography workshops with renowned dance photographer Lois Greenfield.
Bill’s philosophy and mission is to “Capture the Essence of the Moment” and give the work a life beyond the stage.
Bill Hebert is currently a photographer for The University of Pennsylvania’s Dance Celebration series, was one of the photographers for both the 2008 & 2009 Live Arts and Philly Fringe Festival, Choreographic Sketches in NY, 2010 IABD Conference and proud to be a part of the team for the “By Local” series in Philadelphia which will give local artists a chance to tell their story while doing what they love which is to entertain and enlighten others.
“Everybody has a story and every artist has a voice yearning to be heard”. – Bill Hebert
- Presenting Dance As We Consider Reopening Post-Pandemic - May 20, 2020
- Stories From The Dance Front Lines - May 13, 2020
- Severe Budget Cuts To The Arts In Philadelphia Will Have A Much Wider Impact Than Just Our Economic Recovery - May 2, 2020
- WEEK 4 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – Seaworthy - April 25, 2020
- Going Forward, An Opportunity To Re-Frame Post-Pandemic - April 21, 2020
- WEEK 3 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – birdskin - April 18, 2020
- Editorial: I am not a pessimist nor optimist but a realist – getting our community started once again - April 15, 2020
- WEEK 2 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – I put myself in a box now I don’t know how to get out - April 11, 2020
- Disciphering the Paycheck Protection Program – April 10th opens to independent contractors and self-employed individuals - April 10, 2020
- WEEK 1 Winner – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – Hand at the Museum - April 4, 2020