by Brendon VotipkaMuhlenberg Weekly
The Department of Theatre and Dance presents its annual Master Choreographers dance concert in the Empire Theatre February 5 through February 7 at 8pm and an additional show on February 7 at 2pm. Tickets are 5 dollars for students and can be purchased in the Box Office.
This concert features dance pieces in range of styles, from classical ballet to modern dance and tap. Under Artistic Director Karen Dearborn, Muhlenberg College faculty and guest artists present original choreography showcasing the talents of student dancers in a professional caliber setting.
Concert highlights include choreography by internationally recognized guest artists Meredith Rainey and Charlotte Boye-Christensen.
Rainey, of Philadelphia’s Ballet X, premieres a contemporary ballet titled “Before They Fall.” Danish choreographer Charlotte Boye-Christensen, Associate Artistic Director of Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company in Salt Lake City, Utah, returns to Muhlenberg to set a modern dance on a cast of seven women.
Faculty choreographers include Karen Dearborn, Charles O. Anderson, Corrie Franz Cowart, and Kathleen Bibalo.
Media Credit: Matthew Wright
- Presenting Dance As We Consider Reopening Post-Pandemic - May 20, 2020
- Stories From The Dance Front Lines - May 13, 2020
- Severe Budget Cuts To The Arts In Philadelphia Will Have A Much Wider Impact Than Just Our Economic Recovery - May 2, 2020
- WEEK 4 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – Seaworthy - April 25, 2020
- Going Forward, An Opportunity To Re-Frame Post-Pandemic - April 21, 2020
- WEEK 3 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – birdskin - April 18, 2020
- Editorial: I am not a pessimist nor optimist but a realist – getting our community started once again - April 15, 2020
- WEEK 2 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – I put myself in a box now I don’t know how to get out - April 11, 2020
- Disciphering the Paycheck Protection Program – April 10th opens to independent contractors and self-employed individuals - April 10, 2020
- WEEK 1 Winner – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – Hand at the Museum - April 4, 2020