by Brendon VotipkaMuhlenberg Weekly
The Department of Theatre and Dance presents its annual Master Choreographers dance concert in the Empire Theatre February 5 through February 7 at 8pm and an additional show on February 7 at 2pm. Tickets are 5 dollars for students and can be purchased in the Box Office.
This concert features dance pieces in range of styles, from classical ballet to modern dance and tap. Under Artistic Director Karen Dearborn, Muhlenberg College faculty and guest artists present original choreography showcasing the talents of student dancers in a professional caliber setting.
Concert highlights include choreography by internationally recognized guest artists Meredith Rainey and Charlotte Boye-Christensen.
Rainey, of Philadelphia’s Ballet X, premieres a contemporary ballet titled “Before They Fall.” Danish choreographer Charlotte Boye-Christensen, Associate Artistic Director of Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company in Salt Lake City, Utah, returns to Muhlenberg to set a modern dance on a cast of seven women.
Faculty choreographers include Karen Dearborn, Charles O. Anderson, Corrie Franz Cowart, and Kathleen Bibalo.
Media Credit: Matthew Wright
- Philadelphia’s Own Trinity Dance Family goes to Arizona to compete in Hip Hop International - July 19, 2019
- Dawn Marie Bazemore creates socio-political work of substance - April 22, 2019
- Sanders and Yannick Soar With Romeo & Juliet - April 7, 2019
- Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal’s Tribute to Leonard Cohen with Dance Me - March 9, 2019
- (RE) Frame – MFA Thesis Performance by Blanca Huertas-Agnew - February 17, 2019
- Sammy Reyes’ Social Compass - January 29, 2019
- First Sunday at The Barnes with Rhonda Moore and Christina Castro-Tauser - November 7, 2018
- The Philly Sirens bring change to the East Coast Dance World - October 17, 2018
- Ruckus Dance ventures to Philadelphia - September 23, 2018
- Truly A Fringe Gem in Kind & Metal’s Indestructible Flowers - September 23, 2018