by Lewis Whittington
Sexy, inventive and beautifully paced in two full acts, Theater of Public Secrets, premiering at The Roberts Theater, is a bona fide Koresh Dance classic already.
Shown in excerpts last March in Philadelphia, choreographer Roni Koresh has been developing it all year and the piece became his hottest ticket while the company toured Japan, Turkey and Israel. For those not in the mood for holiday fluff, this is dance drama you can sink your teeth into.
Koresh’s global fusion and free dance is so cohesive in this work, tapping a deep well of choreographic variation and danced full-throttle by eleven dancers. Koresh’s signature hyperextensions are still there, as well as some signature partner hurling, but Koresh’s flashy athleticism is used sparingly in “Secrets.” Koresh has slowed down his standard breakneck pace to reveal a sleek, more reflective dance milieu. Read more…
- BalletX warms things up on a cold March night with it’s Spring Series - March 8, 2019
- Our Bare Truths at the Conwell Theater - February 18, 2019
- Cambodian dance-arts lives on with CAGE - February 15, 2019
- 5th Annual Koresh Come Together Festival Convenes (Part 2) - November 21, 2018
- 5th Annual Koresh Come Together Festival Convenes (Part 1) - November 18, 2018
- PA Ballet’s Fall Premieres with Andrea Miller and Russell Ducker - November 7, 2018
- Roni Koresh’s Mission with the Come Together Dance Festival - October 29, 2018
- Celebrating Usiloquy’s multiculturalism - October 16, 2018
- Trajal Harrell’s simmering dance fever - September 17, 2018
- Evalina Carbonell’s Fringe Premiere, Carry Me delivers - September 11, 2018