Part Time Job Twirl seeks Dance Instructors for 2019-2020 Season
Twirl is a quickly growing, non-competition dance studio located in Newtown Square in Delaware County. Twirl offers teaching artists:
- Paid time for teacher meetings.
- A stipend for working at the recital.
- Paid snow days (unless a makeup class is necessary due to the class not meeting the minimum number of classes for the year).
- The potential for teacher training opportunities paid for by Twirl.
- Possible work teaching offsite dance programs at local schools.
Twirl is accepting submissions for teaching artists for the 2019-2020 season. Please see descriptions below:
- Acrobatics- All acrobatics instructors must have former acro teaching or gymnastics coaching experience. For teaching these classes Twirl has four 4′ X 12′ Resilite panel mats, one 4′ X 8′ Resilite panel mat, a 4′ X 6′ Mancino wedge mat, and a Mancino cartwheel mat.
- Hip Hop– Twirl’s hip hop classes are squeaky clean and super family friendly. The style is open to legit or commercial hip hop. We keep choreography and costuming appropriate for students of all ages. Hip hop classes start at age 8.
- Tap– Looking for instructors with a strong knowledge of tap and the ability to help students fall in love with this art form. Knowledge of musical theatre style tap is a strong plus.
- Musical Theatre Dance– Because Twirl is dedicated to teaching authentic musical theatre dance, instructors must have significant musical theatre performing experience with exposure to different musical theatre choreographic styles.
- Ballet– All ballet instructors should be good with working with children, have the ability to teach solid technique to a wide range of levels, and provide quality training in a positive learning environment.
- Combination Classes– Twirl offers one hour combination classes for students age 5-7 in Tap/Jazz and Ballet/Jazz. Instructors for these classes should be proficient in the styles being taught, as well as appropriate knowledge of pedagogy for this age group.
- Preschool Dance– Twirl’s preschool dance classes are fast-moving, fun, and engaging. Instructors must love preschoolers and will teach a combination of tap, acrobatics, and dance basics to this age group. A general outline of the class structure will be given to these instructors.
How to ApplyPlease submit resumes, links of online videos showing examples of choreography, and an email cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should contain the following details:
- What types and levels of dance CAN you teach?
- What types and levels of dance do you LOVE to teach?
- What age ranges do you LOVE to teach?
- What is your availability?
- What is your expected pay scale?
153 total views, 1 today