Full Time Job The Pennsylvania Ballet seeks Company Manager
POSITION: Company Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: EXEMPT
POSITION TYPE: REGULAR FULL-TIME
The Company Manager is primarily responsible for all administrative and logistical matters involving Company dancers, guest artists, artistic contract administration, and Company touring.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Negotiate, process and track payment of all artistic contracts, licenses and royalties.
- Secure appropriate visas as necessary for guest artists – choreographers, stagers, designers etc.
- Maintain artistic files
- Track and report all artistic expenses.
- Secure hotel accommodations, per diems, and travel arrangements for visiting artists in Philadelphia, tracking use of sponsorship agreements with hotels & airlines
- Coordinate and negotiate rehearsal schedules with visiting artists and Artistic staff.
- Coordinate and negotiate performance schedules with artists and performance venues including load in/out dates, performance weeks, and performance times.
- Update and provide personalized Guest Artist handbook to each guest throughout the season.
- Coordinate comp tickets for guest artists for all performances.
- Work with all appropriate departments to plan future seasons.
- Work with Production Department to secure all production components for performances.
- Gather, edit, and proofread content, including casting, for Playbills.
- Provide administrative assistance and coordination for School involvement in Company productions.
- Provide administrative assistance in the theater during performances in Philadelphia and on Tour.
Dancer Management & Support
- Maintain all dancer personnel files, calculate & issue retirement/severance information as appropriate.
- Prepare, distribute, and track new dancer new employee paperwork.
- Maintain and distribute annual Dancer Calendar & Dancer Guide.
- Secure appropriate work papers/permits/visas for dancers
- Update Digital Dancer Callboard with media visits, guests in studios, etc.
- Update dancer vimeo channel for archival and study videos.
- Create dancer archival reel footage.
- Schedule, track, submit pay requests for Wellness provider hours – Physical Therapy and Massage Therapy
- Report injury claims for workmen’s compensation, work with medical providers to ensure payment of claims and maintain claim log.
- Act as liaison between Wellness providers and Artistic staff.
- Manage all workers compensation issues – report injury claims, work with medical providers to ensure payment of claims, and maintain claim log.
- Act as liaison between injured workers and workers compensation insurance company.
- Coordinate and track claims with Workers Comp Insurance company throughout duration of injuries – ensure payment of bills; track and oversee petitions between injured workers and company; act as liaison between injured workers and Workers Comp Insurance company.
- Work with Artistic Director to ensure Company dancer contracts are issued, or non-reengagement letters are issued, in compliance with the AGMA collective bargaining agreement.
- Act as liaison between AGMA union representatives/AGMA dancers/AFM musicians, Artistic team and Administration and provide support in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Schedule and lead monthly meetings of the AGMA/Management & Safety Committee.
- Be knowledgeable of and monitor compliance with AGMA agreement.
- Track and submit Dancer Overtime submissions per AGMA CBA guidelines.
- Ensure rehearsal & performance schedule compliance with AGMA CBA
- Participate in AGMA CBA negotiations with Executive Director & legal counsel
- Prepare annual dancer payroll budget, update seniority formulas, promotions etc.
- Prepare annual Artistic budget, and work with Finance dept to create monthly allocations and cash flow analyses.
- Track & monitor PT budget
- Ensure legal obligations are met regarding all artistic licenses.
- Work with Executive Director to negotiate contracts for and schedule tours.
- Arrange all logistics, travel, schedules, per diem, etc for all tours.
- Work with Production Department to create tech riders & budgets for different touring venues and repertoire
Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a performing arts organization, or relevant equivalent experience.
- Experience in overseeing large budgets, tracking expenses.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable in fast paced environment.
- Able to juggle many projects, priorities and deadline driven tasks simultaneously.
- Able to think ahead and maintain self-driven initiative.
- General knowledge and interest in dance & ballet helpful but not mandatory.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Basic comfort with HTML, WordPress, QuickTime and iMovie video editing.
To Apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No Phone Calls Please.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
How to ApplyTo Apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please. DISCLAIMER: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position
311 total views, 2 today