Full Time Job The Florida Ballet is currently seeking Resident Male Teaching Artist
The Florida Ballet is currently seeking a male resident teaching artist for the 2018/19 school year (August 15, 2018-June 9, 2019). This position is an important member of The Florida Ballet’s educational and outreach team and plays a critical role in the skill development of our students and their dance potential.
In addition, the resident teaching artist will have specific responsibilities related to outreach programming, season performances, choreography needs, and fundraising events. This is an exciting period of growth to join The Florida Ballet as we strategically plan for our 40th Anniversary Season.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide instruction for all male technique classes (beginner through pre-professional levels)
- Provide instruction for all levels of Partnering
- Provide instruction for identified curriculum levels (male and female)
- Possible coach/mentor for specific ballet competitions such as YAGP or ADC
- Be a member of the educational team within The Florida Ballet’s community outreach initiative,
“Breaking the Barrier: For Boyz Only”
- Ballet Master/Rehearsal Assistant for 2018/19 performance season
- Set new works as needed
- Active participant in all special and fundraising events
- An ambassador of The Florida Ballet within the community
Skills and Qualities
- Strong classical training background required
- Professional performance career preferred
- ABT certification a plus
- Strong attention to detail and proactive monitoring of processes with exceptional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work flexible hours
- Strong collaborator, problem solver, and comfortable in a community of continuous learning
- Facilitate a learning environment that encourages knowledge
Qualified, interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Martha Lemire, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Florida Ballet is an equal-opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls, please.
How to ApplyQualified, interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Martha Lemire, Executive Director, email@example.com. The Florida Ballet is an equal-opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls, please.
150 total views, 1 today