Internship St. Augustine Academy After School Program – Paid Teaching Artist Apprenticeship
St. Augustine Academy After School Program (no religious affiliation), located in Norristown, PA, is seeking 3 apprentices to complete a 9 month training program over the course of the 2019-2020 school year.
Specifically seeking qualified candidates in the fields of visual arts, dance, and music with prior teaching experience.
Apprentices will receive a $2500 stipend for participation.
Program training begins September 16th, teaching begins October 3rd.
St. Augustine Academy is a free, after school program for girls in grades 1 through 4. The mission of SAA is to build character, instill a positive sense of self, and provide tangible life skills through a creative curriculum of arts exploration, academic reinforcement, and emotional learning. SAA provides a safe, stable environment where students practice respect for self and others, exercise appropriate interactions with peers and adults, discover new skills and talents, and develop tools that will allow them to achieve greater success in school and beyond.
SAA is investing in program and curriculum development that builds upon its arts based foundations while infusing a trauma-informed method in order to better meet the needs of our community. Part of this capacity building project will include the training of teaching artists in our specific teaching methodology so that all classes are trauma-informed and provide equitable opportunities for growth academically, artistically, and socio-emotionally.
Training Program Time Requirements
Must be available to teach on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 4:30 – 5:15 between October 1, 2019 and May 31, 2020 (exception of holidays and school breaks)
Must attend weekly evaluation/planning session
Must attend 15 hours of pre-service training in September 2019 (dates/times TBD)
• Gain experience with educational program design, facilitation, and evaluation
• Learn best practices in trauma-informed, arts based programming
• Develop skills in organization, communication, and process improvement
• Practice creative problem solving and art skills
• Collaborate with a playful, creative, hard-working team
• Attend training program and weekly preparation/evaluation sessions
• Program coordination, development, implementation, and facilitation
• Execute two 45 minute classes per week for up to 10 students
• Assist with the design, planning and preparation of SAA curriculum and lessons
• Assist with program evaluation, including the creation, collection, and collation of evaluation materials
Previous teaching experience preferred
Must have reliable transportation to Norristown
• Demonstrated proficiency in chosen art medium
• Must enjoy working with children
• Must have state and federal clearances for working with children
• Creative problem solving abilities
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to work independently and follow-through on tasks
• Passion for the art, education, and community engagement
SAA is located in Norristown, PA. Please contact Amy Grebe , Director of Education, (610.809.6029 or email@example.com) with any questions.
How to ApplyTo apply, please complete the online form at: https://goo.gl/forms/C92HVFQ9IGeh8XV22 Application deadline, August 30
216 total views, 1 today