Full Time Job Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Events
POSITION: Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships &Events
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: EXEMPT
POSITION TYPE: ■ REGULAR FULL-TIME
Over the last 55 years. The Pennsylvania Ballet has evolved from a vibrant local ballet company into a thriving world class artistic powerhouse. In the last three seasons alone, under new Artistic Director Angel Corella’s guidance, the Ballet has catapulted to become a nationally-renowned ballet company, stepping onto the international stage with artists uniting athleticism and grace and cutting-edge innovation in new choreography. With a goal to increase the structural and operational sophistication to allow Angel to continue the artistic trajectory of the company, Pennsylvania Ballet is seeking a Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Events.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Events (SMCPE) will be responsible for creating and maintaining an expanded comprehensive corporate partnership program for Pennsylvania Ballet and oversee all development department events with primary responsibility for the Fall Gala. Building strong relationships with a broad community of corporate sponsors, the SMCPE will be fully responsible for carrying out all benefits in tandem with both the Ballet and the corporate sponsor’s marketing departments. In addition, the SMPCE is responsible for all event planning and must have extensive experience building corporate relationships, serving those partners. This position has one direct report – Assistant Manager, Event Planning. The SMCPE will work with the Director of Development and other Development colleagues to reach the annual contributed income goals and on the overall development plans for Pennsylvania Ballet. The Senior Manager reports directly to the Director of Development.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Primary responsibility for the creation and execution of a comprehensive corporate partnership program including, but not limited to, sponsorships, programmatic and in-kind support.
- Planning and maintaining the relationships with corporate partners including all deliverables.
- Working with the Assistant Manager, Event Planning, to establish a comprehensive calendar of Special Events to support the revenue objectives of Pennsylvania Ballet.
- Primary responsibility for the planning and executive of the Fall Gala and overseeing all other special events.
- Working with Board members and other volunteers to expand the network for support of Pennsylvania Ballet in the corporate community.
- Oversight and management of all printed and electronic materials as well as media necessary for corporate partnership solicitations, recognition and event promotion.
- Overseeing the Assistant Manager in the staffing and management of the Volunteer Corps.
- Special projects as assigned.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Successful candidates will have at least three to five years of experience with corporate sponsorship solicitations/management and special event management. He or she must have an entrepreneurial spirit, superior verbal and written communications skills, superb organizational skills, strong analytical and reporting skills, great attention to detail, and a heartfelt appreciation for the performing arts. Knowledge of the database system Tessitura is helpful though not required, as is familiarity with the art form of ballet. This position will require irregular working hours and days as needed for events.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
How to ApplyCandidates should forward their cover letter and resume via email to: Jane Kamp Director of Development Jkamp@paballet.org (No Phone Calls Please)
173 total views, 1 today