Part Time Job Pennsylvania Ballet seeks Company Pianist
Under minimal supervision, the Company Pianist provides piano accompaniment and musical guidance for rehearsals of ballet and company ballet class. The individual reports to the Music Director.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides musical accompaniment for rehearsals. Attends dress rehearsal of assigned ballets.
- Prepares music for rehearsal. Studies and learns (using available audio or video materials) piano transcription of orchestral, chamber, concerto, operatic, choral scores as well as piano solo scores.
- Under supervision of conductor, consults with choreographers and rehearsal coaches regarding such musical aspects as tempo, phrasing, counting, cutting music, extending music via repeats or additional pieces.
- Records choreography in rehearsal scores.
- Serves as key liaison between choreographers/rehearsal coaches and music librarian and conductor.
- Selects music for and plays company ballet class.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education and Experience:
Substantial experience playing piano for dancers.
- Play an average of 4-6 hours of scheduled rehearsal and class in addition to personal practice time.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with choreographers, dancers and rehearsal coaches and others by building rapport, listening and responding to their needs and being easy to approach.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and tact in all interactions.
- Continue to practice piano and demonstrate continued technical proficiency.
- Consistently communicate musical revisions to Music Director/ Conductor and seeks approval for such revisions on a timely basis.
- Consistently offer creative and innovative musical repertoire for class.
- Maintain accurate and detailed descriptions of choreography in rehearsal scores.
- Be consistently available, ready and prepared for company class, dress and technical rehearsals.
- Organize and communicate information clearly.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Be prepared to rehearse/perform all repertoire prior to the first rehearsal.
- Some travel may be required.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 31, 2016. More information about Pennsylvania Ballet can be found at paballet.org. Pennsylvania Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1535 total views, 1 today