Part Time Job Pennsylvania Ballet seeks an experienced and responsible Lighting Supervisor
POSITION: Lighting Supervisor
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Seasonal – Part Time
Pennsylvania Ballet seeks an experienced and responsible Lighting Supervisor to join the Production Department. The Lighting Supervisor will oversee the lighting operations for all Pennsylvania Ballet performances. Lighting Supervisor will report to Director of Production and track all necessary production logistics throughout the six program Subscription Series of performances in Philadelphia (currently 2 weeks October, 1 week in November, all of December, 2 weeks in March, 1 week in April, 1 week in May), and tours throughout the year. Supervisor will also be responsible for overseeing lighting designs for existing and new works – may include designing for new works.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITON INCLUDE:
• Communicate with Production Department Heads and outside designers to prepare necessary paperwork, as consistent with any other professional company, light plots, line set schedules, running and cue sheets for each production.
• Serve as liaison between guest designers, or any non-Pennsylvania Ballet personnel with whom communication is required.
• Work with Master Electrician and Director of Production on sourcing any rental equipment needs.
• Attend load-ins, work and focus calls, technical and dress rehearsals, and performances as required.
• Supervise any lighting assistant involved with each production.
• Attend pre-production meetings and rehearsals at the Pennsylvania Ballet studios as needed
• Reset necessary lighting designs of Pennsylvania Ballet at other possible venues in which the company may appear as produced by Pennsylvania Ballet.
• Design lighting for up to one full length or single act work per season.
• Working with Director of Production to obtain approval of the choreographer/designer for original lighting design.
• Lighting for Pennsylvania Ballet II (second company) shows as necessary and School of Pennsylvania Ballet Annual Performance.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
-Resetting existing lighting designs
-Supervising Union Crews
-3 to 5 years of experience with large scale productions, preferably dance
-Must be in Philadelphia for performance weeks (at least 6 weeks) and be readily available for all additional necessary prep time, up to 12 additional weeks.
-Must have valid passport to travel abroad or be willing to obtain one.
-Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Pennsylvania Ballet can be found at paballet.org.
Pennsylvania Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No Phone Calls please.
123 total views, 2 today