Full Time Job Pennsylvania Ballet Association seeks General Manager
POSITION: General Manager
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: EXEMPT
POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME
The General Manager, (GM) is a member of the senior management team who is responsible for developing and monitoring budgets for the administrative, artistic, production, and touring departments. The GM will report directly to the Executive Director, (ED) and work closely with the Artistic Director as well as the Directors of Finance & Human Resources, Marketing, Development, Community Engagement and School of Pennsylvania Ballet.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop and monitor general and administrative operating budget (stated above) and all expenses contained within
- Oversee all insurance policies, including D & O, health, liability, workers compensation
- Oversee relationship with Shared Services and associated information technology expenses
- Develop and monitor artistic expense budget, including choreographic, costume, lighting and scenic licenses
- Negotiate individual artist agreements for dancers
- Negotiate agreements for repetiteurs
- Work with Executive Director on collective bargaining agreements for dancers and orchestra
- Work closely with Production Director to develop and oversee production budget including production rentals, theater expenses (including stage hands), wardrobe contracts
- Work with performance venue on scheduling and represent marketing, development, and artistic departments on all issues related to performance venues
- Work closely with the Marketing Director with budgeting, planning and strategic initiatives.
- Explore touring opportunities within Pennsylvania, nationally, and internationally
- Develop and monitor touring budgets
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND SCHOOL
- Develop strategic initiatives for expansion of the school program in tandem with the school and community engagement directors.
- Develop and monitor budgets
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least five years of direct experience working with production and artistic
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Experience managing staff and working in a leadership position
- An enthusiasm for and knowledge of dance and/or other performing arts preferred but not required.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiar with Tessitura
Candidates should forward their cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.
(No Phone Calls Please).
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
More information about Pennsylvania Ballet can be found at www.paballet.org
Pennsylvania Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to ApplyCandidates should forward their cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No Phone Calls Please).
91 total views, 1 today