Part Time Job Fireworks Dance Center seeks Dance Instructors
HELP WANTED Part-Time Dance Teachers
Fireworks Dance Center (located in Norwood, PA) is seeking several part-time, talented, energetic, trustworthy, highly motivated dance teachers to instruct youth dance classes.
Studio is located off I-95, minutes from the PHL International Airport.
Positions are for the academic year (Sept-June), beginning in Sept.
Looking for teachers in each of these specialty areas:
- Preschool (ages 3-4) creative movement – MONDAY EVENINGS and/or WEDNESDAY EVENINGS
- Pre-K (ages 4-5) and Kindergarten (ages 5-6)- pre-ballet and tap combination – MONDAY EVENINGS and/or WEDNESDAY EVENINGS
- Beginning Ballet – MONDAY EVENINGS
- Beginning & Intermediate Tumbling & Acro – TUESDAY EVENINGS
- Substitute Teachers – be willing to substitute teach on an ad hoc, per diem basis in any of the following dance styles: pre-school and pre-k creative movement, kindergarten combination, ballet, jazz, hip hop, tap, lyrical, acro. SUBS NEEDED MONDAY through FRIDAY EVENINGS and SATURDAY MORNINGS
- Highly talented, love to teach and dance, and be willing to work hard while having fun
- Experienced choreographer for youth classes
- Self-starter and able to work in teams
- Supportive and kind
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills and rapport with parents and dancers
- Experienced dancer with enthusiasm and willingness to continually learn
- Good role model for dance students and families
- Experience teaching children and/or adult dance classes is required
- Prefer an individual who has studied early childhood development or education
- Dance education degree is not required but a plus. Willing to accept college students and any majors
- Experience with classroom management techniques and choreography is required
- Customer service skills
- Communicate with students and parents about studio events, activities, and schedules
- Attention to detail, especially with classroom attendance tracking
- Timely review of and attention to studio emails
- Timely response to recital preparation activities, includinf recital song and costume choices
- Assistance at a minimum number of studio special events, including annual recital, open houses, marketing events, performances, and other activities
- Ensure studio facility is kept in good working order
- Must attend monthly studio staff meeting
- Must have own reliable transportation – we are located one block from the SEPTA Norwood Regional Rail station (on the Wilmington line).
Studio is a fun, supportive, nurturing environment, with focus on continued learning for all staff.
Availability: There are classes that require teachers on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays 4:00-8:00pm
Substitutes may be needed Mondays-Firdays 4:00-8:00pm and Saturdays 8:30am-1pm.
Start date September 9 with on-site training beforehand. Contract runs through early June 2020.
Interested applicants: Please fill out an employment application at https://www.fireworksdance.com/contact-us/jobs/ or submit a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and availability to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or visits.
How to ApplyPlease fill out an employment application at https://www.fireworksdance.com/contact-us/jobs/ or submit a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls or visits.
157 total views, 1 today