Full Time Job Pennsylvania Ballet Executive Assistant and Board Liaison
Department: General & Administrative
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Board Liaison
Reports To: Executive Director
The Executive Assistant and Board Liaison provides high-level, confidential administrative support to the office of the Executive Director. Duties of the Executive Assistant are clerical, administrative and project-based and include scheduling travel and meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports/presentations and correspondence and liaising with board members. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary support personnel to the Executive Director
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings
- Assist with donor database entry, organization, and reporting
- Coordinate donor reporting and lists for organizational and development metrics and arrange donor cultivation appointments
- Assist with visuals, tracking, and record-keeping of organizational statistics and metrics
- Conduct ongoing research and create content as requested by the Executive Director
- Coordinate and provide support for staff at organization meetings and events
- Coordinate tickets to PA Ballet’s performances as requested by Executive Director, Artistic Director, and board members
- Work and communicate with a diverse group of people, including the Board of Directors, patrons, the public and other PA Ballet staff
- Clearly communicates to ensure precise and mutual understanding with department heads, Human Resources and/or appropriate personnel any information, mandates, appointments executed by Executive Director
- Demonstrate common sense, flexibility, and teamwork with the strong ability to exercise independent judgment
- General administrative and clerical tasks and other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- In addition to Full Board meetings, provide the primary support for Executive and Trustee committees as assigned
- Prepare meeting agendas and provide needed background information to Directors and board leadership
- Schedule board meetings, handle logistics of board meetings including the set-up/breakdown of Board Room, send materials for review prior to the meetings, take and distribute notes and field general queries from board members including the timely drafting and sending of meeting notices and agendas, meeting minutes, and other documents as needed
- Prepare content and visuals for presentations and reports
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails while effectively and accurately proofing own work
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Board Members by building rapport, and responding to their needs
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 4-5 years of work experience supporting senior managers/executives.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Discretion and strong attention to detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor along with emphasis on social etiquette
- Solid writing, grammar, proof reading, editing and presentation skills
- Able to work evenings and weekends when job warrants such schedule
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Please include the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Pennsylvania Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyContact Information: To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT: Please include the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
238 total views, 1 today