This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
4 Mar 2019
Part Time Job Bowman Dance Company & School seeks Preschool Dance Program Director
Bowman Dance Company and School is looking for an experienced preschool dance teacher to be our Preschool Dance Program Director. This is a part-time position that includes administration, teaching and management skills. The person we are looking for should be positive, have high energy, love working with preschool children and their parents and excited to manage and mentor peers.
Education & Training Requirements
• Early Childhood Education
• Dance Education
• At least 4 years experience of teaching preschool dance classes
• Have basic knowledge and understanding of teaching beginning dance skills in Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Acro dance
Management/Admin Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing monthly lesson plans for preschool department using current syllabus
• Update and upload music playlists for preschool department based on lesson plans and syllabus
• Update and upload videos of themed lessons and activities for preschool department
• Coordinate and plan preschool department showcases and recitals with Studio Director, including themes, costumes and music selections
• Manage all aspects of Preschool department showcases and recitals
• Manage other preschool teachers within the department, including ensuring they know, understand and execute lessons and syllabus, are tracking attendance and managing their own classes according to standards
• Hold monthly meetings/check-in’s with other preschool teachers to review syllabus, lessons, showcases, preschool/studio upcoming events and classroom management
• Hold quarterly reviews with preschool teaching staff and review quarterly review outcomes and action steps with the studio director
Teaching Duties & Responsibilities
• Teaching from a core dance syllabus
• Organizing weekly, monthly and annual lessons
• Uploading class music, lessons, and video to studio software
• Creating and Choreographing unique dances for Winter Concerts and Annual Productions
• Cutting and editing music files
• Sizing and Measuring Students
• Tracking class attendance
• Tracking student skill progression
• Handing out messages and marketing material to students and parents
• Communicating with students and parents regarding upcoming events, weekly, monthly, annual information
• Posting Class photos/videos to Studio Social Media sites regularly
• Communicating to the office staff 2 weeks prior to a planned absence from teaching or attending any studio meeting or event.
• Communicating to the office staff of any substitute teachers that will be teaching in your absence.
• Providing Substitute teachers with all material they would need to successfully teach your class in your absence. Music to run dances, full lesson plan of exercises and skills that you are working on with the students in each class.
• Attending monthly faculty meetings
• Attending quarterly faculty retreats and trainings
• Attending and working all performances
• Attending studio sponsored events
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the director
• Management/Admin hours approximately 10 hrs per week
• Teaching hours approximately 10-15 hrs per week
• Starting salary is $25,000.00 annually
How to ApplyFor interested applicants: please email a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
260 total views, 1 today