Full Time Job Arts Academy Elementary Charter School seeks Dance Specialist
Arts Academy Elementary Charter School
The Elementary Dance Specialist is an enthusiastic member of a dedicated team of educators who promotes curiosity, exploration and a love of dance by creating dynamic, engaging lessons for elementary students with varying levels of exposure or experience with dance and the arts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Actively participates with the Arts team to write curriculum that expands upon the PA Arts and Humanities Standards by integrating the National Core Arts Standards.
· Collaborates with classroom teachers to develop interdisciplinary units that emphasize the value of connecting arts education with the other content areas.
· Develops lessons that incorporate elements from various cultures and time periods, using appropriate and varied resources to engage all students.
· Teaches the importance of physical health and exercise, as it pertains to various forms of dance.
· Maintains a safe environment for students that is conducive to learning.
· Modifies instruction and activities for students with special needs.
· Motivates participation of all students, regardless of talent, experience or perceived ability.
· Promotes acceptance and positive interactions among all students to maximize their potential.
· Uses effective classroom management techniques.
· Assesses student progress using a variety of methods and uses data to tailor instruction.
· Actively participates in professional development activities.
· Maintains frequent communication with students, families, faculty and administration.
· Records observable data and reports progress quarterly on report cards.
Reports to: School Principal
· Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Dance, Kinesiology, Physical Education or related field.
· Teacher Certificate preferred.
· Experience teaching dance with elementary-aged students.
This is a Full Time, 10-month position offering a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, and Vision. To be considered for an interview, the following documents must be submitted:
· Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
· PA State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
· Federal Criminal History Record Informal
· Physical Examination completed within one year.
· TB test results completed by a doctor on the PA State Standard form.
How to ApplyTo Apply: https://www.artsacademyelementary.com/human-resources Contact Human Resources Manager Janear Hankerson for more information: email@example.com
290 total views, 4 today