About Our Organization The Performance Garage, a non-profit dance center and theater, is in its 22nd year of serving the Philadelphia dance community whose mission is to create an environment that nurtures dance artists and facilitates the building of a broader audience for dance in Philadelphia. Over the past five years, the Performance Garage has completed a two-million-dollar renovation and in 2019 alone, before our Covid closure, we served twenty thousand people. As an incubator and hub for local dance talent, the Performance Garage offers subsidized rental rates for artists to host their classes, workshops, rehearsals, and performances, as well as a free after-school dance program for youth. Aside from our robust community of subsidized studio and theater renters our additional programs include HubChats, a community discussion of topics central to dancers and dance makers, DanceFilms, showings of relevant dance related films, YouthMoves, our free youth engagement classes, and DanceVisions, our Resident Artist program. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Marketing and Programming Coordinator works together with our Executive, Finance, and Development Directors. This position offers the opportunity to help build on the aspirations of our current strategic plan: to be a nationally recognized dance organization, creating a sustainable home for artistic excellence and providing diverse programming for Philadelphia audiences. The Marketing and Programming Coordinator works closely with the Managing, Executive, and Finance Directors. This position reports directly to the Managing Director and requires forty hours per week or 160 hours per month. Work will be both in person and remote including attending staff, board, and all rental and programming activities and meetings.
Marketing: The Marketing and Programming Coordinator is responsible for the overall promotion and execution of the marketing packages for renters of the PG, their classes, rehearsals, and workshops. This includes overseeing social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, as well as a monthly online newsletter (Constant Contact) and limited print materials. Additionally, the Marketing and Programming Coordinator develops content acting as videographer or photographer for use in communications and social media. This may include editing video testimonials, and basic graphic design and layout work. In consult with the Development department and the Board of Director’s Gala Committee, the Marketing and Programming Coordinator coordinates tasks related to a special-events, such as the yearly Gala, and may include producing, printing and mailing of invitations, cultivation of silent auctions, catering, spirits, and sponsorships. The Marketing and Programming Coordinator is responsible for all administration tasks related to Marketing. The Marketing and Programming Coordinator also plays a key role in exploring, researching, developing, and initiating new and additional forms of earned revenue.
Programming: Responsible for renting two active dance studios for rehearsals, classes, as well as full production rentals and other events.
· Manages a computerized rental calendar for easy and efficient scheduling.
· Meets with all renters and maintains an ongoing dialogue to make sure they have everything necessitated for a successful rental experience.
· Assists in determining rental costs and negotiating contracts.
· Communicates/liaisons/collaborates with Custodian and Technical Coordinator to present the best possible setting for renters and the public including overseeing and scheduling of all ongoing and one-time maintenance, up-keep, and cleaning.
· Keeps records on all space requests and activities, prepares reports and evaluates data to plan for future rental efficiencies.
Administrative tasks include phone and email answering and monitoring to provide a high level of customer service to current and potential clients and to the general public. Attends weekly staff meetings with the Executive, Managing, Development, Financial, and Technical Coordinator to review assignments and to report on weekly progress. They record and archive minutes for all staff and board meetings. Personnel management duties include interviewing and hiring interns, as well as overseeing and managing their assignments.
The optimum candidate will possess the following:
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing, rental and/or production related fields.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
· Excellent project management & analytical skills.
· Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice and competency with social media strategies.
· Ability to attend to numerous projects concurrently and prioritize accordingly.
· An enthusiasm for and knowledge of dance and/or other performing arts.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Word Press, Premiere and Final Cut Pro, Photo Shop, Google Office Suite and social media outlets
Please send a cover letter and resume; two writing samples; and video and/or graphic design samples (if available) to [email protected] No phone calls please. Any questions about the position or its requirements can be submitted to [email protected]