We’re Hiring- Rockstar Dance Teachers!
Bowman Dance Company & School is a performing education center that offers a wide variety of performance art technique training based on a solid foundation of performance and choreography. We are committed to cultivating a passion for the arts in every student. Founded in 2010, BDCS services over 180 families each week in Norristown, Pennsylvania and surrounding areas. Our mission is to build confidence, resilience, and persistence in our students. Everyone has an opportunity to share their passion for the arts.
We believe that everyone with the right guidance, encouragement and support can find their passion for their life’s journey. We encourage this by embodying these core values.
We offer a space where those that join our team can grow and develop into better beings. We encourage and support our entire BDCS family, including our staff and faculty. We want everyone to shine and to achieve their individual goals. Our studio is transitioning and growing at a rapid pace. We are in need of someone that can keep us moving forward in order to continue our journey. That person could be you.
BDCS is looking for someone to teach and instruct preschool dance classes. We are searching for someone to provide exceptional customer service to our families and dancers; while taking on a leadership role with our entire staff and faculty. Other duties will include…
- Teaching from a core dance syllabus
- Organizing weekly, monthly and annual lessons
- Uploading class music, lessons, and video to studio software
- Creating and Choreographing unique dances for Winter Concerts and Annual Productions
- Cutting and editing music files
- Sizing and Measuring Students
- Tracking class attendance
- Tracking student skill progression
- Handing out messages and marketing material to students and parents
- Communicating with students and parents regarding upcoming events, weekly, monthly, annual information
- Posting Class photos/videos to Studio Social Media sites regularly
- Attending monthly faculty meetings
- Attending quarterly faculty retreats and trainings
- Attending and working all performances
- Attending studio sponsored events
The person we are looking to fill this role within our organization must meet the following criteria…
- At least 2 years experience teaching children ages 2 through adults
- Must have a pleasant, warm and bubbly personality
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible, friendly and approachable
- Excellent listening skills
- Creative, innovative and adaptable
- Excellent computer skills and feels comfortable using a wide range of apps and software systems (training provided on proprietary studio software systems)
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and enjoys working under pressure with deadlines
This role is not for you if you already have a full time job and are looking for something on the side, if you are not goal oriented, not self motivated or do not like deadlines.
Hours can be:
Weekdays: mornings, afternoons, or early evenings (hours depend on registration and class numbers)
Saturdays: mornings (hours depend on registration and class numbers)
Pay Range:: $25-$35 per hour (depending on education and experience)
If you are looking to be a part of something bigger than yourself and want to make a difference not only in the lives of our BDCS families but within your local community then we would love for you to become a member of our team.