TK Dance Lab is currently looking for dancers for it’s 2021 Summer Residency with Mignolo Arts!
–Can demonstrate strong modern background and technique
–Available for all 4 Sunday rehearsals:
- 6/6: 11am-4pm
- 6/20: 12-5pm
- 7/11: 11am-4pm
- 7/18: 11am-4pm (Must also be available to stay afterwards for the residency performance)
-Can commute to Mignolo Arts Center in Metuchen, NJ
–Dancers who are fully vaccinated will receive priority
About TK Dance Lab:
TK Dance Lab is an experiential dance company and virtual platform that connects dance artists across area codes and advocates for social change through dance.
TK Dance Lab Mission:
- Use collaboration and exploration in dance to connect artists across state lines and area codes
- Make social justice a priority and use dance to create change in the world
- Stand firm in our commitment to keeping inclusion, equity and diversity at the forefront of our practice
- Fearlessly tell real stories through choreography; stories that include the social and political unrest that is only ever argued over or swept under the rug. TK Dance Lab presents these issues through a thought-provoking performance, allowing for the audience to have their own internal dialogue, connect to the story and see the issues through a new lens.
Mignolo Arts Center is a state of the art, 28×40 foot ADA approved rehearsal studio, gallery, and performance space in Metuchen, NJ. It houses mignolo dance and is available for rentals. With a wide open space, wall-to-wall mirrors, high ceilings and a marley floor, two bathrooms, and a convenient downtown location that’s walking distance from the Metuchen train line, it is an ideal place for professional dancers as well as theater companies, musicians, and visual artists.
Mignolo Dance is a 501-c3 nonprofit contemporary dance company founded by sisters Charly & Eriel Santagado. They have been dancing and creating together for more than ten years and use this experience to continue to collaborate with each other and other dancers and artists throughout the tristate area. Their work explores elements of various artistic mediums through the lens of movement.
–Video demonstrating technique and highlighting your ability- this can be a performance video, reel, or class footage.
Contact and Deadline:
Dancers interested in being part of our residency should email the materials listed above to our Artistic Director, Stephanie Tolbert-King at email@example.com. Please submit your materials by Sunday, May 9th, 2021 and state “Residency Audition” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!