- Are you considering joining Mascher as an Artist in Residence? (we have joined in partnership and are sharing the studios with Headlong and 9th Planet in South Philly)
- Do you have experience/interest in arts administration, and would you like to be one of three coordinator roles at Mascher to cooperatively manage, dream up, and support the day-to-day operations of the organization/home for new dance and performance in Philly?
- Would your performance-making and/or practice benefit from a full share (16 hrs. of space/mo.) subsidized membership and monthly $100 stipend in exchange for stepping into this 17 hr./mo administrative position?
Mascher is looking to hire a new Membership Coordinator to begin October 15th. Paid training and on-boarding and then stepping fully into the position would occur through the latter half of October.
Summary of Job: Membership Coordinator will be solely responsible for recruiting, communicating with, engaging, and advocating for Mascher half and full share member Artists in Residence. They will work in close relationship with the Development & Communications Coordinator, the Finance Coordinator, and the space maintenance work study position to manage day to day operations. In addition to coordinating Membership, they will also act as the Headlong/Mascher liaison and will produce and oversee Mascher’s annual Artist in Residence performance: Fresh Juice.
Position contract is a 1yr. commitment, with quarterly exchange with Mascher’s Board.
Pay $100/mo. stipend plus 16 subsidized hours of rehearsal space/mo (a Full Share membership is of $160/mo. value). in exchange for 17 hrs. on average work per month.
Familiarity with Google Drive, willingness to learn some light Quickbooks skills, remote and in person (not yet) meeting facilitation, and experience communicating thoughtfully with other working artists/performers is useful. Ability to meet members in person to orient them to the space is also necessary (COVID precautions considered).
Details on applying: Send a letter of intent and either a CV or something like it listing relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by DEADLINE: Wednesday, Sept. 30th.
Letter of intent should state why you have a need for rehearsal space and how you’d be excited about using the space (COVID precautions considered) and your experience/interest in arts administration and organizing and why this position would be a good fit now. Tell us a bit about yourself and what you care about in this moment. Current Mascher members and also those who would otherwise struggle to afford a Mascher membership will be prioritized. Please send questions to Christina at email@example.com.
- Keep an active contact list of full and half share member Artists in Residence
- Track the ending dates of contracts and follow up with members about renewing.
- Manage and archive member contracts.
- Check Mascher email to field membership inquiries and communicate with prospective members.
- Giving a member orientations, upkeep member manual, and provide check-ins as needed
- Planning and facilitating bi-monthly member meetings.
- Add & remove members to the Mascher google group.
- Recruit new members and run membership drives
- Collect bios and photos from members for the website and other outward facing communication and programs.
- Enter members into Quickbooks and begin their auto-billing.
- Represent Mascher in communications with a representative from Headlong. Much of this work will be tracking member hours to be sure that each member is booking time in an equitable way. This also includes overseeing the conditions of Mascher’s agreement and partnership with Headlong and 9th Planet.
- Produce Fresh Juice – Mascher’s annual Artist in Residence show. This includes scheduling, planning, coordinating with participating artists, managing artist fees if applicable, securing and budgeting for marketing efforts, tech, documentation and box office help.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.