We’re Hiring- Rockstar Dance Instructors!
Bowman Dance Company & School is a performing arts education center that offers a wide variety of technique training based on a solid foundation of performance and choreography. Founded in 2010, we service over 150 families each week in the Bridgeport, Pennsylvania and surrounding areas. Our passion is to create a positive change in our students’ lives by teaching them confidence, resilience, and perseverance to achieve their goals and dreams.
We believe that everyone with the right guidance, encouragement and support can find their passion for arts or their life’s journey. We encourage this by embodying these core values.
Passion- We are passionate about sharing our love for performing arts.
Respect- Our teachers work in collaboration with their students and one another, with an emphasis on mutual respect.
Integrity- Honesty is the foundation of Bowman Dance Company & School.
Excellence- we strive for excellence in everything we do.
We offer a space where those that join our team can grow and develop into better beings. We encourage and support our entire arts family, including our staff and faculty. We want everyone to shine and to achieve their individual goals. Our studio is transitioning and growing at a rapid pace. We are in need of someone that can keep us moving forward in order to continue our journey. That person could be you!
BDCS is looking for dance instructors in various styles of dance. We are searching for someone to provide exceptional technical instruction and customer service to our families and students; while taking on a leadership role within our entire staff and faculty.
Other duties will include…
- Teaching from a core dance syllabus
- Organizing weekly, monthly and annual lessons
- Uploading class music, lessons, and video to studio software
- Creating and Choreographing unique dances for Winter Concerts and Annual Productions
- Cutting and editing music files
- Sizing and Measuring Students
- Tracking class attendance
- Tracking student skill progression
- Handing out messages and marketing material to students and parents
- Communicating with students and parents regarding upcoming events, weekly, monthly, annual information
- Posting Class photos/videos to Studio Social Media sites regularly
- Communicating to the office staff 2 weeks prior to a planned absence from teaching or attending any studio meeting or event.
- Communicating to the office staff of any substitute teachers that will be teaching in your absence.
- Providing Substitute teachers with all material they would need to successfully teach your class in your absence. Music to run dances, full lesson plan of exercises and skills that you are working on with the students in each class.
- Attending monthly faculty meetings
- Attending quarterly faculty retreats and trainings
- Attending and working all performances
- Attending studio sponsored events
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the director
The person we are looking to fill this role within our organization must meet the following criteria…
- At least 2 years experience in dance instructor role
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible, friendly and approachable
- Excellent listening skills
- Creative, innovative and adaptable
- Excellent computer skills and feels comfortable using a wide range of apps and software systems (training provided on proprietary studio software systems)
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and enjoys working under pressure with deadlines
- This role is not for you if you are not goal oriented, not self motivated or do not like deadlines.
Pay: $20 to $35 per hour depending on applicant experience.
If you are looking to be a part of something bigger than yourself and wanting to make a difference not only in the lives of our dance families but within your local community then we would love for to become a member of our team.
How to Apply
Now that you know who we are, what we do, what we are looking for and what our expectations are; if this sounds like something that makes you want to get out of bed every day, then we would love for you to apply to join our Dance Instructor Team. Click here to complete your application.