August 29, 2019 at 11:10 pm #129adminKeymaster
FOR INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS, COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE, GRADUATE STUDENTS AND DANCE PROFESSIONALS IN THE 5-COUNTY PHILADELPHIA REGION (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia):
IABD is offering Full Conference and Festival and Single-Day Registration Scholarships through a competitive application process to help defray the costs of attending. Recipients receive complimentary Conference and Festival registration and a one-year complimentary IABD membership.
Professional artists, administrators working in the dance field, and undergraduate, graduate students in related fields are eligible to apply for this opportunity.
Dance organizations in the 5-county Philadelphia region are asked to encourage their dancers and/or staff to apply. Please forward to colleagues you may know in the Philadelphia region!
Deadline to apply is September 15, 2019 at 11pm EST.
– Education, experience, and/or professional goals demonstrate an intention for a continued career in the dance field (artist, administrator, choreographer, educator, production staff, scholar, teacher, etc.).
– Demonstrated interest in projects and opportunities that contribute to the dance field (above and beyond employment in the field).
– Demonstrate exceptional promise in dance through academic and/or professional achievement, scholarly works, teaching in the field, etc.
Need for financial assistance.
Online Application Details:
– Basic contact and demographic information.
– A description of your current involvement in the field, professional goals, and reasons for requesting the scholarship (to be uploaded with application, 1000 words maximum).
– One letter of recommendation from a professor, colleague, or associate (to be uploaded with application).
Letter should include:
– Applicant’s name.
– Description of the applicant’s most significant accomplishments and contributions to the dance field (i.e. scholastic proficiency, evidence of leadership, school, community, or professional activity/service, etc.).
– Description of why the applicant should receive the award (character attributes).
Deadline, Selection, and Notification:
Deadline to apply is September 15, 2019, 11pm EST.
An advisory committee of dance professionals will review completed applications. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Regional applications will be considered as received; successful applicants may be notified prior to the September 15th submission deadline.
All notifications will be made by October 1, 2019.
Unsuccessful applicants will be allowed to register at the corresponding Early Registration Rate by October 31st. They will also be apprised of any opportunities to volunteer in exchange for subsidized Conference and Festival attendance.
Scholarship funds will be distributed to ensure that a wide spectrum of the Philadelphia dance community is represented at the Conference and Festival.
Scholarship payment is made directly to the Conference and Festival on the awardee’s behalf, not to the awardee.
Scholarship awardees will be given a discount code to use for the Conference and Festival registration process.
- This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by admin.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.