Hybrid – Widening the Circle: Movement Improvisation with Megan Bridge
June 15 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Monday, repeating until July 20, 2021
This class is an invitation into the moment, into mindfulness, and into acute physical awareness. All are welcome–no prior dance or movement experience are required to participate.
I approach improvisational dance as a practice of expanding perception. Starting with a slow warm up using breath, stillness, and quiet, we will begin to allow a multitude of signals into our experience with each passing moment. Waking up our bodies, stretching ourselves, and picking up communication, we will move and dance in deep physical resonance with our space, with sound, and with each other. We will progress to dancing in groups and performing for each other, with the use of a video projector for Zoom participants.
My teaching draws on a decades-long practice of performing improvisationally, and studying with masters of improvised dance such as Steve Paxton, Lisa Nelson, Deborah Hay, Manfred Fischbeck, Brigitta Herrmann, and Merián Soto.
This is a hybrid class series. Zoom participants will need an open space large enough to lie stretched out fully on the floor, and enough space to playfully spin in a circle with arms outstretched (for example). Participants are encouraged to modify prompts as they need to match their physical ability and comfort level within this work.
COVID-19 related policies for in person participants:
– Each class is capped at 6 people for in person attendance. You must register in advance to attend in person, no walk ups will be permitted.
– Masks will be required for in-person attendees. Please note that Fidget is a small space and it will not be possible to maintain six feet of distance at all times. We will continue to revise and update these guidelines in accordance with CDC and Philadelphia recommendations.
– You will be required to sign a class specific COVID-19 waiver.
– You will also be required to fill out a health survey each time you attend class on the day of the class.
– You may arrive at the earliest 30 minutes before the beginning of class to warm up. Please plan to arrive at the latest 10 minutes before class begins. If you arrive and class has already started you will not be permitted to take class. No refund will be offered in this scenario.