[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Thursday contact jam tonight (March 7) at Mascher

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:11:26 EST 2019

Contact Improvisation Jam
Thursdays 7 to 9 PM
Facilitated by Loren Groenendaal and Benjamin Pierce
Donation $5-10

Thursday, March 7, 2019 7-9pm
Mascher Space Cooperative
155 Cecil B. Moore Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19122
(near Berks and Girard stops of Market-Frankford Line, ring bell to get in,
2nd floor walk up)

Doors open at 6:50.  Please arrive, change, and be ready to go shortly
after 7:00, when we gather for an opening circle and guided warmup into
open dancing.

"Contact Improv is a movement form where dancers move to follow the play of
touch. Gravity and the floor are constant partners. Human touch unites the
forces that act upon the body with the sensations they produce within the
body." -Steve Paxton

A jam is a creative space for open improvisation, governed by mutual
respect and awareness.  A jam is an opportunity to play, to research, to
experiment, to express, to connect with others.  Dancing alone, in duets,
or in groups, we stretch our capacity to listen and lead as we follow the
dance.