[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Contact Improv Class Sunday March 10th 1pm with Tevyn East

Curt Haworth curthaworth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 09:25:50 EST 2019

*CI class this Sunday March 10th will be taught by Tevyn East*

*Location: *Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad St
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1170+S.+Broad+St&entry=gmail&source=g>. (near
Broad/Federal SEPTA stop)
1 to 3 PM, every Sunday, $10 drop-in
Please arrive in time to dress and be ready to go at 1

Join Tevyn East for Contact Class this coming Sunday March 10th. We will
focus on fundamental skills and principles while increasing our sensitivity
to nuanced variations in tone, leading to dynamic shifts in movement
quality within our duets. We will learn to feel the floor through our
dancing partner, develop comfort with moving "off balance" and follow the
momentum of our falling bodies. This class is appropriate for both
beginners and more advanced dancers.

Tevyn East is a dancer, educator, storyteller, activist with a long love
affair with Contact Improvisation. She has studied CI with Nancy Stark
Smith, Martin Keogh, Karl Frost, Brad Stoller among others and has taught
and nurtured contact communities in Nevada City, CA and in Charlottesville,
VA. She was a member of the Zen Monkey Project for 10 years, an
experimental dance theater company, with whom she studied, taught,
performed, directed, and produced multiple events. She is the artistic
director of Holy Fool Arts and the director of the Carnival de Resistance
and resides in Philadelphia. You can learn more at www.holyfoolarts.org

--

Curt Haworth

Artistic director, Movement and Performance

Artist in Residence, Mascher Space Cooperative

Curator, Impermanent Society of Philadelphia

Coordinator Contact Improv Philly

Professor, University of the Arts