[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Force of Nature with Embodied Archive Worshop -- One Week From Today

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:34:11 EST 2019

Force of Nature with Embodied Archive | Janna Meiring.

Final Session is one week from today at The Whole Shebang.

Saturday, February 9, 2-5pm.

Late winter: Thawing out and Rising Up.

The end of winter is never abrupt. It happens under our noses, with tiny
sprouts rising imperceivably under the layers of soil and cold, hard
earth.  The natural world knows that the best conditions for growth is the
liminal space between cold and the slightest shift towards warmth.

In this workshop we explore slow motion and variations of acceleration.  We
engage our sensory input through extreme slowness and seek the internal
impulse towards movement. In this way, we work with the lively tension
between the slowest and the most accelerated, charting the territory
between ambition and sustenance, of which we need all variations in order
to sustain our health and wellbeing for the long-haul of work that is
needed for change.

$30 in advance/ $40 at the door

More info @ thewholeshebangphilly.com

--