[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] First Friday Juerga, February 1

Pasión y Arte info at pasionyarteflamenco.org
Thu Jan 31 11:19:27 EST 2019

*First Friday Juerga*

*February 1 from 7:30-11pm*

*Overbrook Garage Studio*

*FREE*

Join us THIS FRIDAY for the very first First Friday Juerga of 2019 as we
channel our duende and share it with others. ALL avenues of artistic
expression are welcome at this free community event, as we seek to create
new languages of the soul by feeling free in our movement, song, and music.

The concept of duende is very important in flamenco. Duende is a spiritual
or emotional bond between the performer and audience created by the
performer's intense concentration and passion. Another meaning of duende as
in "tener duende (having duende) as it relates to flamenco has to do with
emotion, expression and authenticity. "Tener duende" can be loosely
translated as "having soul".

"Flamenco has been a tool to my soul's journey."--PyA Artistic Director,
Elba Hevia y Vaca

7:30-11pm at the Overbrook Garage Studio
6411 Overbrook Avenue, Philadelphia
FREE and open to all
Please BYOB and bring a snack to share
Visit www.pasionyarteflamenco.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pasionyarteflamenco.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3sv-sQe9nv08H2VYnnL63W0pBmhlV84Wr43Mr9FtItUzQp6ff9gnYnQVE&h=AT18H2I4vGJrXT_QE-KHcx5pq8WEc5etL1bz3pPLChv8gPudA295fR3TlSZ9tEruUz-TdEwzFcd8LtVNhjtBH05HjMYQo-98-FPFDfyCTa6KqQTy3ZrIYIOuiGOZEzqM8kkA4IAWtfi91eeFd3q57MWzHvjxK1Su2Gs59g6Qd4QCjxUA-uyk>
for
more info