[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] The Outlet Dance Project Deadline for Live Performance is Midnight Tonight (8/2)! August 8th for Dance Films

The Outlet Dance Project theoutletdanceproject at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 16:05:31 EDT 2017

Beloved Community,

Just a few more hours until we close the submission period for live
performance proposals this year! There is still time to get them to us!!!!

OPEN CALL: The Outlet Dance Project seeks Choreography and Dance films for
its 13th annual festival. Deadlines: August 2nd for live performance,
August 8th for films. Featuring site-specific choreography, dance films,
and work created for the stage, this is one of the most unique dance
festivals on the East Coast, one of New Jersey's most popular. All
information can be found at www.theoutletdanceproject.com.
<http://www.theoutletdanceproject.com/>

The Outlet Dance Project invites artists who identify or have identified as
women to submit an application to participate in our upcoming festival. We
seek the work of choreographers (individual and/or companies) and
filmmakers. The Outlet is committed to supporting all traditional and
nontraditional dance forms. We strongly encourage artists from
traditionally under represented or marginalized communities to apply. The
festival celebrates the intersections of visual and moving arts, exploring
relationships between sculpture and dance, place and movement. Our festival
takes place at the internationally renowned contemporary sculpture park,
Grounds For Sculpture.

What we are looking for:

Site-specific choreography
Original choreography, in any genre, created for the stage
Dance films of site-specific choreography

The Outlet features site-specific dances, dances for the stage, and dance
films. Films will be shown on October 5, 2017 during the evening length
Dance on Film portion of the Festival, in the beautiful Visitors' Center
Screening Room of the Seward Johnson Center for the Arts. On October 7th,
half of the festival's live performances takes place in the beautiful East
Gallery of the Seward Johnson Center for the Arts. The other half is
outdoors – in and around the 42 acre park that is Grounds For Sculpture.

We hope that you will consider applying and help us spread the word!

Warmest regards,
donia salem, Ann Robideaux, Jamuna Chiarini
The Outlet Directors

--
www.TheOutletDanceProject.com <http://www.theoutletdanceproject.com/>
The *Outlet Dance Project* is a popular annual festival committed to